Springhill Suites vs Embassy Suites Tampa

DavidsNana

We have reservations for 2nights post cruise at both of these hotels. Can anyone who has stayed there or is familiar with the area give me any feedback as to which would be better? I am interested in if there are any restaurants within walking distance for dinner, they are both in the Westshore area. Does anyone have anything negative to report? Thank you for any information you can give me.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Nov. of 2005. There is a mall in walking distance and a very good restaurant right in front of the mall (Steak and Ale). There is also a restaurant in the mall, I believe it serves Italian food. A Walgreen across the street. There was only two adults in the room it had two double beds, two TV's, a couch and a recliner. There was a coffee maker, micro-wave and dishes. More than enough for a two day stay. We used the bus service to travel around to other areas, like "Walmart, Target, etc. We were very pleased with it.

Thanks for the first-hand report. I will cancel the Embassy Suites reservation and keep the Springhill Suites based on your info. We will have a car for one of the days to go to Busch Gardens and I notice they have free parking. Plus, it is 1/2 the price of the Embassy Suites. Thanks again.

The resturant is Maggiano's. Make reservations if you are going to go. There is also the Palms resturant there too. Then down the street is International Plaza with its Bay street collection of resturants. Most resturants are smart casual. Have fun

Archived