What does your screen name mean?

spendalot

Mine is nowhere near as creative as some others.

kryos is the Greek word for icy cold. My publishing company is called kryos. The name harkens back to a very long time ago when I used to be involved in something called cryonics ... having your body frozen upon death with the hopes of future reanimation at a time when medical science can cure what you died of, as well as bring you back.

I no longer work for the cryonics movement ... God that was close to 30 years ago ... but I used to be the east coast coordinator for a company called TransTime out in California ... that offers these services. Someone nicknamed me that during a radio show where I was discussing the program, and the nickname stuck. So, now I'm kryos.

Now that's more information that anyone truly wanted, huh? :)

Oh, and the avatar harkens back to my days as a skydiver (more recent). That's me trying to figure out where the heck to land. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Another boiring name like RuthC's (Sorry Ruth!)

K = Keith (me)

R = Regina (DW)

curt=1st 4 letters of our last name

I know, I know...no imagination! (But i do remember it easily!)

Hey Packercruising....just read your post. I live in Packerland also. You'll appreciate this one....we were in St. Thomas 2 weeks on the Zuiderdam, and while window shopping we saw a miniature Packer helmet in the window display case at a fine jewelry store! DH took a photo, we wondered if the owner was a fan or maybe from the area. Not something you would normally expect to see in the Caribbean:cool:

Of course, there's the other version of Shonuf...

"Bubba, whatcha you think of my new bikini?"

"Oh, I like it a lot, Honeybuns"

"Shonuf?"

"That it does, Babycakes, that it does.."

Which leads to another question, choose your own answer.

"Bubba, do these pants make my butt look big?"

NapTown Jim -- I guess it dates me that I knew the reference in your name (I graduated from Purdue I will not say how many years ago) -- it also validates my memory that I still call Indianapolis NapTown as the younger set does not know where I am referencing when I use that term. Someone recently tried to make me feel as if I had confused their town with somewhere else. I am all about your screen name

I'm one of the one's who aren't so original. The initials of my first & middle name and my last name. I've used this more years than I care to remember :eek: .

Hey Packercruising...I was born & raised in Columbus, WI. Never got tickets to a "regular season" game but make quite a few pre-season games before moving east in '92.

Hey Packercruising....just read your post. I live in Packerland also. You'll appreciate this one....we were in St. Thomas 2 weeks on the Zuiderdam, and while window shopping we saw a miniature Packer helmet in the window display case at a fine jewelry store! DH took a photo, we wondered if the owner was a fan or maybe from the area. Not something you would normally expect to see in the Caribbean:cool:

For sure not, but you know how they like to barter. Was it autographed? I tell everyone that is going to Cozumel to keep an eye out for my Packer cap.:) And if you go to the Sports Bar there, you just might see a Favre jerseu on the roof!

Anyway, if you think you would want to cruise with some Packers, go to www.fuzzys63.com. So far Robert Brooks and Gilbert Brown are definite for the Feb 25, 2007 cruise.

Scrumpy Jack is my favorite English cider...also the name of the fine young horse in my avatar. No one is allowed to call him "Jack"; most people don't even know he has any name other than Scrumpy - well, none I can mention online :D (His brother's name is Fiji Gold - you guessed it, a Fijian Beer; not a fave beer, but Fiji Bitter doesn't sound too nice).

It's my name. First name---"Ruth". Last name starts with "C".

Not one of the boardnames you think is creative, I presume. :rolleyes:

Ruth I am as original as you. Mrs. Kathy Mirolla=mrskmirolla. We have been married for 41 years next week and I am still proud of the name so I use it alot:D

Kathy

It's my name. First name---"Ruth". Last name starts with "C".

Not one of the boardnames you think is creative, I presume. :rolleyes:

Ruth I am as original as you. Mrs. Kathy Mirolla=mrskmirolla. We have been married for 41 years next week and I am still proud of the name so I use it alot:D

Kathy

Archived