Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" suite

Cabin no. 6305 has a sign on the door saying "Ben & Jerry's 'Sweet'":

http://www.brandis.org/fotogalerie/Freedom06/res1671732542

I didn't know what it was about when I was on the ship but in the meantime I learned that this "Promenade View" cabin has restricted view into the promenade, as the two cows above the "Ben & Jerry's" ice cream parlors stick their butts against the window of that cabin. :-)

http://www.brandis.org/fotogalerie/Freedom06/res344557974

Apparently, if you are booked in that cabin, you get free icecream at Ben & Jerry's for the duration of the cruise. Neat!

Marc

Marc,

That's so funny. When the first promenade pictures came out, and everyone was worried about having a view of Mimi (the diver), I thought "what about the poor slobs who look at two giant cow behinds all day?" LOL

When I saw your pic of the sign for the Ben and Jerry's Sweet....I figured that must be THE room.

Nice plus for people with kids! And kids would probably find it kind of neat too...looking at the cows. LOL

Tracy

Apparently, if you are booked in that cabin, you get free icecream at Ben & Jerry's for the duration of the cruise. Neat!

Is that for real, or are you pulling our leg? I was JUST saying this morning to our cruise friends that I would love to have that cabin because I thought it was funny to have the cows in the window! If that's true, then I would REALLY love to have that cabin!:eek:

If anyone hasn't already scroll thru the rest of those pics! There are some that i'd never seen! AWSOME! is all I can say!--I'd thought of something--(yah i may be kind of slow LOL!) When you sum her up--it's everything about all the other RCCL classes and more on this ship! She's got EVERYTHING! and thensome!!! OK--now when can I sail on her LOL!!! (probably won't be for a long long time!)

OH my gosh that is so funny!

Imagine if RCCL or travel agent failed to tell you that you had a cabin with 2 cow butts as your view! Imagine your surprise!

I would love to see a photo of this! My kids would find it hysterical!

Thanks for the info!

Apparently, if you are booked in that cabin, you get free icecream at Ben & Jerry's for the duration of the cruise. Neat! Marc

Yes it's true - the story is in CC e-letter.

Cow Chips with a twist of ice!

Now ain't that nice....:D

• 2 months later...

Looking back a bit at some promonade questions and came upon this one. Which other 6th floor rooms have viewing obstructions. We'll be in 6627 (not too thrilled about being this close to the promonade level ). Does anyone already having been on Freedom know what we'll be looking over or into?

Since I was apparently unconscious during my cruise - do they have those cows on the Mariner and Navigator? I can't remember.

Thanks!

No, only on Freedom. On Voyage Class, Ben & Jerry is not the actual ice cream parlor like it is on Freedom. It is much larger on Freedom.

Looking back a bit at some promonade questions and came upon this one. Which other 6th floor rooms have viewing obstructions. We'll be in 6627 (not too thrilled about being this close to the promonade level ). Does anyone already having been on Freedom know what we'll be looking over or into?

I would post this question in a new thread. Since this thread is 3 months old, people may not take the time to read it and may miss your question.:)

My daughters were next door in 6629. It overlooked the guest relations/explorations area and a bridge. (If you look at a deck plan of deck 5, you can see the area between the elevators...thats a bridge. You will not be to close to the promenade. I think its a good area to be in.

• 1 month later...

After living in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet", i found out that the ice cream offer isn't unlimited. Each person living in the room gets 7 treats for the cruise, so my boyfriend and i had 14 treats in total. With the 14 treats, you can get anything you want on the menu like sundaes, shakes, and 3 scoop ice cream in a waffle cup. for an ice cream lover, 14 treats is really more than enough for a week especially with all the other desserts on the cruise. i gained 5 lbs from all the dessert i had. i was able to share my 14 treats with my family. it is possible to redeem more than one to 14 treat at a time or save it to use towards the end of the trip.

the trade off for not having the unlimited ice cream is that you get access to the concierge lounge. We received our ice skating show tickets as soon as we go onboard in our stateroom. we were even able to get 12 other tickets for family members traveling with us. We also received champagne in our room. one the first formal night, we received a plate of cheese and crackers. the second formal night we receive petite fours. the room is decorated with a lot of cow decor. here are the things you would find in the stateroom.

t52860673.jpg

the view of the cow butts

t52860658.jpg

cow pillow

t52860643.jpg

cows on a wall

t52860622.jpg

random cow

t52860604.jpg

cow picture

I tried to get this cabin on our upcoming 10/1/06 cruise but couldn't. Now I'm really bummed, because I'm a TOTAL cow person. My whole kitchen is decorated in cows. This cabin would have been perfect for me! Oh well, I guess that means I'll just have to cruise Freedom again in the future. :D

the trade off for not having the unlimited ice cream is that you get access to the concierge lounge. We received our ice skating show tickets as soon as we go onboard in our stateroom. we were even able to get 12 other tickets for family members traveling with us. We also received champagne in our room. one the first formal night, we received a plate of cheese and crackers. the second formal night we receive petite fours. the room is decorated with a lot of cow decor. here are the things you would find in the stateroom.

So if you stay in this room, you get access to the concierge like you are in a GS or larger or a Diamond member? The champagne and other goodies were all because of the 'Sweet' you were in? How do you order ice skating tickets ahead of time?

So if you stay in this room, you get access to the concierge like you are in a GS or larger or a Diamond member? The champagne and other goodies were all because of the 'Sweet' you were in? How do you order ice skating tickets ahead of time?

yup, i don't think diamond members were allowed into the concierge lounge. they have a separate lounge for diamond and diamond plus members. the champagne and the other stuff came with the room. i didn't order the ice skating show tickets. it was in the room with all the information about the room, the concierge lounge amenties and key to the lounge, and the coupons for the ben and jerry ice cream treats.

Archived