What should I put on my luggage tag?

afairbro

I have a guarantee cabin, and I did the "modify booking" method to find that I have been assigned a cabin on Rivera. Should I put this cabin number on my luggage tag? (I received the generic guarantee luggage tags.)

I don't want my bags to get lost.

I would wait till you get to the pier. There will be porters running around with the manifest. They can quickly check to verify your cabin and you can write it on right then. We have done that before and it takes just a second.

Does that mean they can change your cabin after they have it printed on your docs? What is a guarantee cabin?

A guarantee cabin is where you are guaranteed (in my case) an oceanview cabin on Riveria. I can be upgraded for free to a higher deck or balcony (in my dreams). (I saved $20 per person doing this.) Yes, they apparently can change the cabin assignment they gave me. Now, if you choose a cabin number.....you will not be changed without Carnival contacting you, asking if you'd like to upgrade.

The gray tags work fine, they know to look at the cabin number if they are gray, just take a sharpie, and write your cabin number as big as possible, no problem - don't waste your time with getting new tags you won't need them. Carnival has been doing this for a long time and they knew what they were doing when they sent gray tags.

Thanks afairbro. So I will be responsible for writing my cabin number on the tag at the pier? I need to add sharpie to my packing list:rolleyes:

KSKobra,

Did you get a guarantee? Or did you purchase a particular cabin number? If you purchased a particular cabin number.....write it on your tags now.

This is my first... like you can't tell. All I told the travel agent when I booked was I wanted a balcony and she told me that Carnival put me on the Panarama deck aft. That is all I know. :o

Does that mean they can change your cabin after they have it printed on your docs? What is a guarantee cabin?

Yes, my friend Mike booked a 4A Inside, he got a 4c with his docks, when he arrived at the pier, he got a 8H Balcony. You never know.

This is my first... like you can't tell. All I told the travel agent when I booked was I wanted a balcony and she told me that Carnival put me on the Panarama deck aft. That is all I know. :o

Dang! First cruise and you get a balcony? Isn't against the rules? I thought we all had to start at the bottom on Riveria deck.

Me too!!!!!! I booked a bal guar. on the Triumph 6-10-06 and I have been assigned a cabin on the panorama deck aft:D(I hope it doesn't change)

What is the upgrade from 8I? A suite? As long as I can see some sort of horizontal line and fresh air, I should be fine. I'm a little worried, it being the first cruise. I'm to old to start at the bottom. ;)

What is the upgrade from 8I? A suite? As long as I can see some sort of horizontal line and fresh air, I should be fine. I'm a little worried, it being the first cruise. I'm to old to start at the bottom. ;)

There is less movement at the bottom.....

But, really, I do not see how anyone can get sick on a cruise. It is sooooooo smoooooth.

Some are more sensitive to motion than others. I have never had sickness on a boat, so I hope the same is true of the ship.

mrskbrown27 - Good Luck. I hope both you and I won't have any changes. :)

This is really strange. Carnival website has me booked in 8360, but my invoice says 8285. One is port and one is starboard, both on verandah deck. Before I get on the horn, I need to decide which balcony cabin is better! Would really like to see the ports from my balcony. I know you can see into some balconies from the observation deck and don't want that! Pleeeeeeese help me decide! Thanks!

Archived