Annoyance/Inconvenience........

sail7seas

Thanks, Lisa.....

FOUR Days until Ryndam. You're going to have a blast. She's a great ship, in wonderful shape, with a terrific crew!!!

I'm jealous!!!!

Okay.....so maybe I'm being picky but I really, really dislike being pestered with Stewards coming to Check the Mini Bar......

Why does it have to be done daily? Why do they have to interrupt our pleasant breakfast on our verandah at 8:30 in the morning to come check it?

At least twice during our Ryndam cruise, we were on the verandah having breakfast. We did not hear any knock on our door IF there was one. I looked up and saw a steward walking into our cabin.

Geeez.....I could have been sitting there in my nightgown ( :) or less.....for all he knew!!!) and he just pranced into our cabin.

I asked why he felt free to simply walk in and he said there was no "Do Not Disturb" Sign on the door. Well......I never saw a single "Do Not Disturb" Sign on any door on Navigation Deck the entire cruise. If Anyone had one, no one used it!!! We didn't have such a sign so clearly could not put it there.

Isn't 8:30 in the morning just a bit early to have to check the minibar from which we took absolutely nothing our entire cruise?

At some point in 14 days, how about figuring out that some people don't use the minibar and leave a note that if we want something replaced to call for service. They could then check it at the end of the cruise to be certain they don't need to bill us for something.

Is this unrealistic?

Oh god I never read this thread before but I nearly died reading it now...I stayed in a passenger cabin my first time on the Oosterdam and I wanted to strangle the Minibar lady. She had the worst, squeeky voice and used to wake us up yelling Meeenibaaaaar and pound on our door...Gosh my roommate and I wanted to throw a shoe at her LOL

Speaking of cokes does anyone remember if HAL offers Coke Zero?

I don't know the answer to your question, Lisa. But I do know that if you have your TA ask HAL to on-load a supply for your cruise there's an excellent chance Tom will have it available.

Archived