Are handicapped rooms much larger

buzzandjulie

One thing to be aware of with Celebrity ships. When the C class and the Zenith/Horizon ships were built the designers probably thought all handicapped cabins should be on the Plaza (guest relations/grand foyer deck). Perhaps they thought this would be easiest as it was the embarkation/disembarkation deck and also the users could reach guest relations easiest from the cabins if they were on the same deck. BUT, they only built ONE inside cabin, and 7 outside cabins. So there is only one inside choice and if that is full, a wheelchair user must purchase a mid-ranged priced outside cabin to get onboard. [i think that is what is meant by some - including myself - who say you must sometimes pay more, i.e. you cannot purchase a lower catagory outside cabin). However, with the new M ships there are excellent choices at all levels, which is marvelous, including suites, which has not always been the case on other cruise lines, as they seem to have felt that handicapped individuals could probably not afford these. : )

It is also interesting (and understandable) that though non-handicapped suites have lots of room in them, the doors are the same width as regular cabins, so non-collapsible chairs cannot be taken into the suite.

Hope this helps

Archived