is it okay to ask a toursaver question????

#1survivorfan

I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase the toursaver book. I just have a couple of questions.

1. are the toursaver offers listed on the website the only offers available or is it just a sampling?

2. can you use the toursaver book for meals as well?

I have my excursions during my cruise figured out but am having a heck of a time with the land tour excursions. Problem is I want to do everything. ie: whitewater rapids, flight to arctic, atv rental, and horseback riding. Can only do it with savings from toursaver, but don't see much in copper river or fairbanks through toursaver on web. Experienced help would be greatly appreciated.

I planned my 8 day post cruise inland tour using toursaver, We had to do some creative timeing to fit everything in but we saved over $1000.

Care to tell us your post-cruise plans? It will help many of us who are planning!

During cruise - Using the toursaver I booked 2 for 1 kayaking in Ketchikan, and the Summit and City tour in Skagway.

We are also doing a tour from Whittier to Anchorage after we disembark

Post Cruise - 2 for 1 with Princess rail to Mt McKinnley lodge (2 nights)

scenic flight over the summit of Mt KcKinnley (Talkeetna Aero) 2 for 1

3 rivers jet boat tour (Mahay's River Boat) 2 for 1

2 night hotel in Anchorage (Inlet towers) 2 for 1

Our plans for Anchorage are open at this point but considering segway tour, renting bikes and biking the coastal trail, taking in the museum, eathquake exhibit, etc. several coupons for various venues in Anchorage

Fly to Fairbanks (Cheap flights with Alaska Air $100 each way)

2 nights in Fairbanks 2 for 1

Riverboat discovery 2 for 1

Eldorado goldmine 2 for 1

Alaska Salmon bake and show

fly back to Anchorage

One more day of sight seeing before we fly home

During cruise - Using the toursaver I booked 2 for 1 kayaking in Ketchikan, and the Summit and City tour in Skagway.

We are also doing a tour from Whittier to Anchorage after we disembark

Post Cruise - 2 for 1 with Princess rail to Mt McKinnley lodge (2 nights)

scenic flight over the summit of Mt KcKinnley (Talkeetna Aero) 2 for 1

3 rivers jet boat tour (Mahay's River Boat) 2 for 1

2 night hotel in Anchorage (Inlet towers) 2 for 1

Our plans for Anchorage are open at this point but considering segway tour, renting bikes and biking the coastal trail, taking in the museum, eathquake exhibit, etc. several coupons for various venues in Anchorage

Fly to Fairbanks (Cheap flights with Alaska Air $100 each way)

2 nights in Fairbanks 2 for 1

Riverboat discovery 2 for 1

Eldorado goldmine 2 for 1

Alaska Salmon bake and show

fly back to Anchorage

One more day of sight seeing before we fly home

Sounds great...thank you for the info!

We too are getting a great deal via the Toursaver book:

2 for 1 Princess Kenai Lodge

2 for 1 RW Fishing

2 for 1 Cabin Night Dinner

and we've only just started! The savings above are over $500 - this book is a great value for land tours!

sounds as though the big savings is the hotels/lodges. Our Princess cruise/tour package includes the discovery riverboat and city of gold tour. We are trying to find out if there are any additional coupons for denali, copper river and fairbanks (if we decide not to the the two included tours) The things we want to do are costly. Fly to the Arctic circle, flyin to Kennicott mines, and jet boat in Denali. Can't seem to find those on the Toursaver web page. Guess I need to call them.

sounds as though the big savings is the hotels/lodges. Our Princess cruise/tour package includes the discovery riverboat and city of gold tour. We are trying to find out if there are any additional coupons for denali, copper river and fairbanks (if we decide not to the the two included tours) The things we want to do are costly. Fly to the Arctic circle, flyin to Kennicott mines, and jet boat in Denali. Can't seem to find those on the Toursaver web page. Guess I need to call them.

Are you sure you'll have time to do these things on a cruisetour package? I would think time would be extremely limited to fly to the Arctic Circle or to Kennicott Mine area. I only see coupons for raft trips offered for Denali, however, there is a jetboat tour for Talkeetna, and one at Girdwood.

Are you limited to cruisetour only? There are some very nice coupons in the toursaver, one in particular to Bettles Lodge, north of the Arctic Circle for 3days/2nights all inclusive, with flights and activities. Several flightseeing and glacier cruising coupons.

we are limited to our cruise/tour however we have 2 nights at denali princess, 2 nights at copper river and 2 nights in fairbanks. That gives us a full day at each place. Which is not much time in the grand scheme of things and we want to make the most of the time we have. How can we possible see much of anything in Alaska in just 3 full days. I've already warned my husband that our "once in a lifetime trip" will NOT be once in a lifetime!!! Can't wait to start planning the next one.

I've already warned my husband that our "once in a lifetime trip" will NOT be once in a lifetime!!! Can't wait to start planning the next one.

:) Have fun!

Our second 'once-in-a-lifetime' Alaska trip is this month! I'm sure they're'll be many more!

We too are getting a great deal via the Toursaver book:

2 for 1 Princess Kenai Lodge

2 for 1 RW Fishing

2 for 1 Cabin Night Dinner

and we've only just started! The savings above are over $500 - this book is a great value for land tours!

Can you tell me what / where RW Fishing is?

Our second 'once-in-a-lifetime' Alaska trip is this month! I'm sure there'll be many more!

That's the sort of comment I love to hear. My once-in-a-lifetime trip 21 years ago turned into the most wonderful ongoing adventure I could ever have imagined when I was living in Vancouver. Many people just don't "get it" when they come North, for a variety of reasons. Others hate the place. For others it's a turning point in their lives in at least a small way, showing them a different way of looking at the world around them.

Murray

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived