Did anyone see the show (I think it was Latest Edition?) about the kids

under age and of legal age over drinking and urinating by the pool and then swimming and the underage kids (14 and 16 yr old) drinking beer? It made me sick to see this show even though I'm a drinker myself. I can't imagine getting that drunk and peeing on a deck in front of families and the crew doing nothing. A woman did complain but the crew did nothing about it. This was on RCCL which I was been on but it was winter and the pools were closed so most young people got drunk in town (Mexico) and came back very drunk and sick for the rest of the cruise.

I told my dh about this show and he said if he saw this going on, he would tell the Captain or someone at a officer level, not a bartender. He also said he would take the young person and place them in a toilet to barf (my dh has a 4th degree black belt).

What are your thoughts on this over drinking and underage drinking and what would YOU DO IF YOU SAW THIS GOING ON??:confused:

under age and of legal age over drinking and urinating by the pool and then swimming and the underage kids (14 and 16 yr old) drinking beer? It made me sick to see this show even though I'm a drinker myself. I can't imagine getting that drunk and peeing on a deck in front of families and the crew doing nothing. A woman did complain but the crew did nothing about it. This was on RCCL which I was been on but it was winter and the pools were closed so most young people got drunk in town (Mexico) and came back very drunk and sick for the rest of the cruise.

I told my dh about this show and he said if he saw this going on, he would tell the Captain or someone at a officer level, not a bartender. He also said he would take the young person and place them in a toilet to barf (my dh has a 4th degree black belt).

What are your thoughts on this over drinking and underage drinking and what would YOU DO IF YOU SAW THIS GOING ON??:confused:

I would report it to someone who (hopefully) could make a difference. I am all for having a good time, and I myself do drink - and on vacation, a lot, but when someone is showing their a$$, I'm done. It happens with those underage and those old enough to know better. The underagers - where are their parents? The rest, where were their parents?

Peeing on a deck? You better be ready to be held out to ridicule. I will embarass (ok, my spelling's not the best) you to no end. Urinating in public - in the good ole USA - is not acceptable anywhere - be it land or sea or air.

This was a two part report on Inside Edition. I missed the first part, but saw the second. It looked like spring break on the Grandeur. The reports can be found on the Inside Edition website. From what I saw, it definitely put RCI in a bad light, but incidents like these are not exclusive to RCI.

I did see it .. I think all of this always has happened and will continue too.. it has nothing to do with parents or how kids are raised.. it was spring break.. I remember my years during spring break and I sure wasn't thinking about my parents... Peeing on deck crosses the line.. but that again is not the parents fault.. chaulk that up to toooo much alcohol.. :(

In light of all the news coverage the cruise lines are getting as of late that is why there is so much about drinking and everything else..

Remember a cruise ship is a small city and as with any city anywhere things like this do happen

I see you've not ever been to Detroit. :rolleyes:

You are right, I haven't. Please tell me that although it happens, it is not acceptable?

Don't ge me wrong here, I have peed in the woods many times. Find a place where no others are and drop your drawers. But to pee on the pool deck of a cruise ship....hmmm.

I would report it to someone who (hopefully) could make a difference. The underagers - where are their parents? The rest, where were their parents

I agree with you. And I repeat......WHERE WERE THE PARENTS????

Spring break parents are not with their kids... :rolleyes:

I would report it to someone who (hopefully) could make a difference. The underagers - where are their parents? The rest, where were their parents

14 and 16 year olds are not with parents? I understood that's what the OP was referring to. Aren't these kids with parents while ashore?

14 and 16 year olds are not with parents? I understood that's what the OP was referring to. Aren't these kids with parents while ashore?

Well then I must have seen a different show because they were all over 20 and legal to drink..:rolleyes:

These are not my words.. Please don't attirbute them to me.

These are not my words.. Please don't attirbute them to me.

Your quote is attached to this as it was in response to one of your responses.. whether it is your words or not.. your quote was not the intended quote for that post.. pls scroll back and see where this started... No ill intentions here to blame anyone.. the quote has been messed up in this thread..

WOW look at that.. you are now talking for me

Well then I must have seen a different show because they were all over 20 and legal to drink..:rolleyes:

I didn't see either parts of the show but just read the 2 stories on www.insideedition.com and they did say they saw 14 and 16 yr. old drinking drinks bought by an older brother. Here is a quote from the story:

"Particularly disturbing, was footage of two boys, 14 and 16 years old, seen openly drinking alcohol on the cruise. The booze was being purchased by their older brother in full view of the bartender and passed to the boys. When asked if the bartender knew, the 16 year old said, "Yeah, the bartender sees everything."

I saw it and thought it was disgusting. Never seen anything like that, on land, or off.

For the cruiseline to allow that kind of behavior, or turn their heads to it, is just as appalling.

The guy just peeing at the poolside, and then jumping in the water did it for me. I changed the channel.

I saw it too on Inside Edition and thought it was unbelievable! The crew would even set "barf bags" out in various locations after the disco closed so kids could use them. And, what I can't believe is what their S & S card charges must have looked like! I can't believe their parents didn't care about that, even if they didn't care what they were doing!

I did not see the show but did read the information on the web site.

At first I was really in shock, but I realized that the behavior complained about happens at almost all spring break hot spots every year. Go to one of the hot spring break spots and you will see young adults doing all of the things complained about each and every year. (Well maybe not the urination , but the article did say that the man wet his pants and then jumped into the pool, not that he openly did his business or expose anything.)

As far as the drinking in most places other than in the US the legal age to consume alcoholic beverages is between 16 and 18, not 21. The legal age to drink at sea is whatever the ship says it is, RCL allows 18 - 20 year olds to consume beer.

Non of this excuses the bar tenders from serving obviously drunk patrons or underage patrons, but again this is an example of sensationalized journalism, and certainly not news worthy.

Archived