Question about Rays, reef, and rum point and tendering

cruisecrazymama

We will be arriving on the Rhapsody in Nov. We are wanting to book the rays reef and rum point tour though Nativeway. Since we arrive at 7 am ship time(8am GC time) And the tour leaves at 9 am GC time (8 am ship time), I am worried we won't get on an early tender. Nativeway assured me that they have never had anyone miss the tour because of tendering issues and that they have many ppl from Rhapsody take their tour every week. However, a few ppl I have talked with have told me that the crew on board wouldn't give out early tender tickets unless the tour was purchased through the cruise line. I am wondering, has anyone from Rhapsody taken this tour and have you had any problems getting on an early tender? This is the first time we have ever considered taking a non cruiseline sponsered tour But we really want to go to Rum Point and my DH doesn't want to rent a car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bren

We haven't taken this tour but did another Nativeways tour (Rays and Reef) when we cruised on Rhapsody three years ago. My husband got up early and just went to where the tender tickets were being passed out and got tickets for the first tender. We had time to walk around and go in shops near the port and still had to wait quite awhile for the tour to start. We're trying to decide whether to do the Rays, Reef, and Rum tour when we stop at GC on the Conquest in July.

We were also on Rhapsody 3 yrs ago...late Nov. 03. I have heard tendering is a bit different since hurricane Ivan. I'm not sure in what way though.Or if misunderstood something. I hope it works the same.

Thanks again I'm still thinking about it haven't quite made up my mind for sure.

Bren

Bren

I just booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion for our July 2nd sailing on the Rhapsody yesterday. They leave the pier at 9:15 ship time and ask you to check in no later than 9 ship time. I think we should be able to make it. After reading some of the posts of people who have taken this excursion everyone seems to have had time to get there. I know it is still a couple of months away but I will post back after our trip in July to let you know how it went. Sounds like a fun time. I know some people on this board say they had a hard time getting a email response from them but I heard back the next day.

We have done a private tour with Nativeway (not while on Rhapsody but Mariner), which should not make much of a difference. Nativeway must set and early time to meet so people will get "moving" off the ship. Go to the place where tender tickets will be distributed as soon as the first tours go. (See your newsletter.) Get a ticket for your family. Have a great day. We too are interested in this tour or may do the Jeep 4X4 to Rum Point. Been there and done that on GC.

Bon voyage

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

We just did this tour last week. It was FABULOUS!

We were on the Conquest , but met people from the Rhapsody while waiting for our tour to start.

They were early like us and said that it was no big deal to tender early.

We had to wait about 30 minutes . We were early.

The tenders are really a short ride. When we tendered in Belize it seemed to last forever.

I can't answer any questions about the Rhapsody, but I can answer questions about the tour.

Teena:)

Yeldarb,

I think we were there a little over an hour. It was so beautiful and relaxing. The lunch was very good.

We had a beer at the bar and relaxed in a hammock.

Teena

This will be our third trip to GC. Love Stingray City and snorkelling. Have always booked thru Princess but am interested in booking through an independent tour guide. I found (on our last cruise to French Polynesia) that we get a lot more for our money on independent charters than thru the cruise line. At least that's the way it was in Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora and Huanhine - may not be so in the Caribbean.) Nativeway's website seems legit. Does anyone know how the prices (and amenities) compare with Princess' Stingray City excursion? THANKS!!

Archived