Aft Cabin on Mariner

We have that cabin in Feb., 2007. I have some pics that someone posted for me a while ago, let me see if I can dig them up…

We actually chose that one over the corner, 9390, after reviewing pros and cons of each. For some reason, I was hung up on the swinging door in 9390, and I liked the fact that 9392’s balcony seemed a bit larger.

If you go to webshots.com and search for “bonnie voyager” or “mariner 9390” you should get some results. I can’t find the links right now.

We just got off the Mariner Sunday. We were booked in aft cabin 8392. It was great, but at first I was disappointed with how far back the cabin actually was from the stern of the ship. There was also alot of structural beams etc. to look through. The balconies above us looked down onto ours, so there really wasn't any privacy. However, by the second day I was loving it! There was plenty of sun, on sea days there wasn't any wind, we had 3 lounge chairs, one basic chair and a small table. Our neighbors in the corner aft had a smaller balcony. Our other neighbor had a suite, so they two balconies combined in to one huge one. ENJOY!

Handbellplayer, Did you book through a TA or online? Reason I am asking today at lunch I viewed the new rates an printed them out. Now they are not on the web.May 20 was $799-June 3 was $999 an all July was $799 I guess that is why I cant find them on the web right now must be changing it. :mad: Just Wondering.:o

we just got off Mariner sunday also. We were in corner aft7688 , one of the largest balconies on the ship ( not including suite) .We really enjoyed it ,but for some reason this ship put out a soot that coated our hand-rail and could be seem very clearly on the walls. My friend had 9690 ( I think this was the #) it was corner aft on deck nine and his wife had to change shirts on day after sitting out on the balcony one evening. Now, I have never had this happen before and have been on numerous aft balconies , this could be cause by some reason , but it happened and after putting hands on handrail ,my wife got it all over her face after scratching and was not easy to clean off.

• 2 weeks later...
we just got off Mariner sunday also. We were in corner aft7688 , one of the largest balconies on the ship ( not including suite) .We really enjoyed it ,but for some reason this ship put out a soot that coated our hand-rail and could be seem very clearly on the walls. My friend had 9690 ( I think this was the #) it was corner aft on deck nine and his wife had to change shirts on day after sitting out on the balcony one evening. Now, I have never had this happen before and have been on numerous aft balconies , this could be cause by some reason , but it happened and after putting hands on handrail ,my wife got it all over her face after scratching and was not easy to clean off.

Having seen both 7688 & 9690, which one would you choose? Is 9690 really small? I have a choice between the two. I'm now in 9690, but wondering if I should change. From the photos, the view looks to be better. Is it worth giving up the space? Is the view much better, or about the same?

We had 7688 on Navigator and would take it again in a heartbeat. True.....there is structure that is outward of it but the size of it and views ( the big side porthole ) make it something else. ( we had a huge party out there.......maybe 25 people )

Serenades corner aft balcony 9256 was a totally unobstructed type of balcony but in comparison, we liked the "HUGE" 7688 balcony for lots of reasons.

Regardless.......... I'll always take any corner aft balcony.........lol..... Got to love 'em.

cre8tive1- There is no question about it, Take 7688 you will not regret it at all, I have talked to some people about the soot and they didnt have it on the Mariner, might of been just a one time thing, but 7688 abd 7388 are huge balconies and I mean HUGE

We had 7688 on Navigator and would take it again in a heartbeat. True.....there is structure that is outward of it but the size of it and views ( the big side porthole ) make it something else. ( we had a huge party out there.......maybe 25 people )

Serenades corner aft balcony 9256 was a totally unobstructed type of balcony but in comparison, we liked the "HUGE" 7688 balcony for lots of reasons.

Regardless.......... I'll always take any corner aft balcony.........lol..... Got to love 'em.

The balcony size looks awesome for 7688 but I would like to know if it is too shadey.. I like to have sun.. any comments on that.. plan on booking Explorer for 2008 and am looking at that cabin.

Will experience Radiance corner aft cabin 9256 next April...

Emmy

cre8tive1- There is no question about it, Take 7688 you will not regret it at all, I have talked to some people about the soot and they didnt have it on the Mariner, might of been just a one time thing, but 7688 abd 7388 are huge balconies and I mean HUGE

WHOO HOOO! It looks like I made a good decision. Hopefully we will like it. I've heard horror stories about afts being really hot in Sept/summer. Hopefully the shade will add some relief.

That being said, I have also got the same room booked for a Western in February of '08. Hopefully it will not be too cold with all the shade. Either way I can always say "nannie nannie boo boo":D Well......except to the suite folks.

Rhonda,

I just looked at your "Cabin Crawler's" photos! That looks like a great time. How did you get the jello shots on board?!

We actually brought the stuff and made them on board. I ordered hot water from room service, added a little vodka, stirred, and put them in my mini fridge for a couple of hours. They were great. I plan to do it on my next cruise.

A lot of people are weary about the CC at first. The group on the victory sure was. It was nice when 1/2 way through it they were having a good time and wanting to plan another. It is a great way to meet your fellow cruise critic shipmates.:D

Archived