? about Port of Miami

kanda

I tried to search for this, but I haven't quite mastered the search function yet. Anyway, can someone tell me if there is a place to pick up sodas and things near the Port of Miami? We have an early flight (arriving at 8 am), and have Larry's Limo taking us from the airport to the port, is there somewhere to hang out until time to board?

With an 8 AM arrival at MIA you will likely arrive at the Port around 9, right in the middle of all the people disembarking, and the chaos surrounding that. You need to kill about 2 hours. You might consider having Larry's take you to your pier, where hopefully you can drop off your luggage. Then they could take you to Bayside just over the bridge from the pier, where you could have breakfast and wander around a bit. But then you'd have to catch a cab to get back to the pier at a cost around $10.

Anyway, can someone tell me if there is a place to pick up sodas and things near the Port of Miami? We have an early flight (arriving at 8 am), and have Larry's Limo taking us from the airport to the port, is there somewhere to hang out until time to board?

First let me say your starting your vacation off right by choosing Larry's Limo - excellent firm!

Let's see, arriving FLL at 8am, probably in the limo by 8:30am, 45 minute ride to Port of Miami, that's about a 9:15-9:30 arrival at the port. Kind of early to be sitting around the terminal.

Why not extend your time with Larry's Limo for another couple of hours. You can drive the coastal road A1A from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. You'll see some spectacular homes along the way. Head to South Beach do some window shopping at the Lincoln Road Mall (shops won't be open yet but still fun to look at) or over to Key Biscayne, better yet, Little Havana for a real Cuban breakfast. A 3 hour limo rental versus transportation from point A to point B is a perfect way to kill time before your cruise. Besides, you'll find plenty of opportunities to pick up those last minute items your wanting your cruise. .....;)

I tried to search for this, but I haven't quite mastered the search function yet. Anyway, can someone tell me if there is a place to pick up sodas and things near the Port of Miami? We have an early flight (arriving at 8 am), and have Larry's Limo taking us from the airport to the port, is there somewhere to hang out until time to board?[/quotec]

Ask your limo driver to look along Biscayne Boulevard (or anywhere on the way from the airport to the port) for a place to purchase what you need.

Biscayne Boulevard is an access road to the port. Once you enter the port area, I have never seen a place to buy sodas etc. (there may be a vending machine in the building opposite the port) :confused:

If you use some time to shop on the way to the port, it may cut your wait time to board. :D

Ask your limo driver to look along Biscayne Boulevard (or anywhere on the way from the airport to the port) for a place to purchase what you need.

Biscayne Boulevard is an access road to the port. Once you enter the port area, I have never seen a place to buy sodas etc. (there may be a vending machine in the building opposite the port) :confused:

If you use some time to shop on the way to the port, it may cut your wait time to board. :D

If the OP is coming from FLL airport, they will only be on Biscayne Boulevard less than a quarter of a mile and traffic is so heavy, they'll have a hard time manouvering. Biscayne Boulevard isn't an access road (unless of course by access road you mean you access Port Boulevard through it) but a major artery in Miami. Heavy heavy traffic.

I second Bequia's idea of checking out Little Havana or South Beach ahead of time.

Have the driver take MacArthur Causeway and see if you can check out the multi bizzilion dollar celeb houses on Star Island.

Archived