Cova Cafe

mrbocbox

I've heard this place discussed before and as a newbie to Celebrity, I don't know much about it. I imagine that they charge for coffee and such, but how about the pastries? Are they free? (I'm thinking how fat I sound right now)

Looking forward to Constellation Dec. 8th!!!!

DH & I just returned (4/16) from our first Celebrity cruise on the Millie. We hit the Cova Cafe every morning for chocolate croissants. Hot, Buttery and chocolately. To die for! :) FYI, there was no pressure at all to purchase any drinks.

Just returned on the Zenith. Cova Cafe is a great place to hang out...play trivia, people watch, specialty coffee for a fee, but free pastries that they serve at posted times in the daily newsletter. There was even a 3 piece band there each evening.

I love the Cova Cafe .. sometimes we'd go twice a day the service is promped and its so relaxing -- pastries in the morning and betweet about 3 - 5pm they have cakes and or cookies. You do pay for the cappucinos but they are high quality. I like the Melange .. coffee and hot chocolate combination.

Tina

My Travelogues:

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/cruises.htm

Please make sure you try the Cova Cafe, it's a wonderful relaxing place to have coffee, I prefer lattes. They serve all their coffees in a nice china cup and a hazelnut chocolate is also complimentary...nice touch. They offer hot coffee drinks Irish Coffee, etc....try the Aspen, just fabulous. You can even get wine, port wines, sherry's, beer and soda.

Okay here's the skinny. In the morning till 11am they serve wonderful warm croissants. Try the almond ones. They have brioches and I was just on the Infinity and they were trying something new, ham and cheese on a croissant.

In the afternoon's they have french pastries (they are not sweet) and cookies. You are not pressured to buy, but the coffee is well worth it.

It's a favorite place for pre-dinner guests at 5 pm and around 7:30 pm. They always have either a 4-piece small orchestra. Single guitar or a harpist.

It's also a favorite place for the ship's personnel and officers. There's one side for smoking and the rest is non smoking.

I've cruised RCL but there is no comparison in their coffee bars. I won't even go into it.

Please do try the Cova, it's a nice part of Celebrity's excellence.

PS: The Martini Bar is also to die for! Try the chocolate creamy martini.

Ah, The Cova Cafe...very good memories on our 14day Panama Canal experience last November! We have enjoyed the cafe on Mercury so we looked forward to another stopover on Summit. Pastries and cookies and goodies are yours for the asking, and they also make excellent coffees from simple to exotic and liquor blended for a fee. But, when we saw two spa staff having something that looked like ice cream with chocolate swirls we asked where and what? They got it at Cova and it was called Iced Hot Chocolate, and if you don't care about the next 30 minutes of your life, after you have one of these you will think you are in Heaven. Calories, who cares and with one of those goodies, well, back to the Gym. We enjoyed it many times during the cruise. They do have defined hours of operation for coffee and pastries, so check the daily bulletin. Have Fun.

I too never heard of the I ced Hot Chocolate but will absolutely give it a try.

DH and I spent a relaxing hour or so before dinner at the Cova with glasses of wine and complementary hors d'oeuvres. It was great with either a pianist or a classical quartet every evening.

You've got to check it out.

Make hot chocolate. Chill. Blend with Ice to make a chocolate smoothie. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Serve in a tall glass.

The best reason to go to Cova, IMHO. Iced Chocolate became my weakness during my cruise. And the morning pastries were some of the best Croissants I've had outside of France. Magnifique!

.....I highly recommend an "ASPEN COFFEE":)

It is wonderful...1/3 Baileys, 1/3 Kaluaha, 1/3 Frangelica...then the

coffee is poured over that mixture...and if you want a bit of cream

to really top it off. It is made in actual stemmed glass and it is

my favorite:D

Cova Cafe on Millennium

Hint: Locate this early in your voyage. The Cova Cafe is located amidships on Deck 5. They serve incredible "not to be missed" croissants and danish (like footlong cinnamon twists) from 8:30am to 11:00am most mornings and in the afternoons (3:00pm to 5:00pm) they serve cookies, fancy cheesecake, and other pastries. They offer fancy coffees and wines for sale. There is no additional charge for the food items. This is also one of the place you can pick up a "soda sticker". At a cost of $5.00/day (plus 15% gratuity) they will place a sticker on your sea card which entitles you to unlimited fountain sodas anywhere on the ship.

Complete Millennium review: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/millennium.html

I only have 4 days till Infinity, and one of our first morning stops is the Cova, it is a must do for us. wonderful coffees, iced hot chocolate yummy, crossants delicious,

Lois, I will have to squeeze in one of those Aspen coffees. So many choices so little time. (12 days):D

I am thinking the Aspen Coffee is going to taste even better than

usual....after being outside in the cold weather of Alaska I will definitely

be in Cova quite often this cruise:D :) ;)

As to calories and fat, I will admit since I started cruising 3 years

ago I have gained a bit of weight.

How much?:eek: not sure but a couple of the outfits from my very

first cruise on Century don't fit anymore.

Lois, I just told DH about Aspen coffee, and he said its the first on his list now! As for gaining a few pouinds, us too.:o I have had to buy all new larger clothes since we started cruising regularly. Oh well, more of me to love!:D

Enjoy your Alaskan cruise also. We were there in August2001, and now want to see it with snow, thats why we chose early May this time.

Archived