Carnival Junkie trying Royal Carib

sgriff17

REALLY?! If so, that's even better than RCCL's free champagne on formal nights! Do all the bars give out free drinks on the first formal night, or is it just one certain bar?

You can do the same on RCCL. Just ask a waiter and they will get you the drink you want.

I do remember being disappointed that the pools closed early (8 pm?). How late are the pools & hot tubs open on Carnival (Legend in particular)?

What ship were you on that the pools closed early? All Royal Caribbean ships I've been on have always kept at least one pool open 24 hours.

What ship were you on that the pools closed early? All Royal Caribbean ships I've been on have always kept at least one pool open 24 hours.

I was on the Voyager. There was a sign posted that showed when the pool closed. Maybe there was a different 24-hour pool somewhere that I didn't know about?

Edit: I see from your sig. that you were on Voyager in 03 and 05. Maybe they changed the pool hours. I know the pools closed on my cruises in 00 and 01 and maybe I just assumed in 03 that the pools still closed at night. BTW-when exactly were you on Voyager? Your sig. shows 5/03. I was on the 5/18/03 sailing, and I was just wondering if we were on the same cruise.

Yes...change is good...it will make you appreciate Carnival even more! as you can see, I have changed to costa, norwegian and RCI....costa was nice and norwegian's food excellent, but I always come back to Carnival with a deep appreciation. Carnival offers things that RCI slacks on, like robes and gift baskets in the bathroom...rci dosen't do that, you get robes as you move up the ladder for repeat sailings for which I will never earn there...I am staying with Carnival from now on...the atmosphere is better.

I really enjoyed the dinning room on VOS, it kinda of reminded me of the old south.

The only thing that really bothered me on VOS was the bed, I felt like I was sleeping on a cot !!! You just can't beat Carnivals beds & bedding :) !

I was on the Voyager. There was a sign posted that showed when the pool closed. Maybe there was a different 24-hour pool somewhere that I didn't know about?

Edit: I see from your sig. that you were on Voyager in 03 and 05. Maybe they changed the pool hours. I know the pools closed on my cruises in 00 and 01 and maybe I just assumed in 03 that the pools still closed at night. BTW-when exactly were you on Voyager? Your sig. shows 5/03. I was on the 5/18/03 sailing, and I was just wondering if we were on the same cruise.

Yes, it was the 5/18/03 sailing. I was celebrating my graduation from college with my best friend. Believe me, I used the pool a couple of nights on that cruise so I know it was open late. It was one of those cruises for us that if something was going to go wrong it did. I got hurt in Jamaica, we got poured on in Grand Cayman, our excursion left with out us in GC, and then we almost missed the ship there as well. But we still had a great time! We're you one of the over 200 plus honeymoon couples on board.

I really enjoyed the dinning room on VOS, it kinda of reminded me of the old south.

The only thing that really bothered me on VOS was the bed, I felt like I was sleeping on a cot !!! You just can't beat Carnivals beds & bedding :) !

I've heard great things about Carnival's bedding. Hopefully, RCCl will quickly get their new bedding in place so we won't have to beg for egg crates anymore.

Archived