Voyager, cabin #1394

We are considering this cabin for a sailing in January. Can anyone give me any details about the noise factor being below Windjammer? How was the view from the balcony? Is it worth it? Thanks!

We were in 1694 on Voyager, which is mirror image JS right next to 1394. Never had a problem with noise from Windjammer at all. Cabin is great - a little bigger than other JS - and the balcony is HUGE. The view of the wake is awesome, but just remember that the way the Voyager class ships are configured you can't look directly down to the water like you can on side balconies, and you can see & be seen by the deck 8 & 9 balconies directly below you. I'd still highly recommend it tough.

How weird, I haven't checked the boards in several weeks, but today I booked JS #1694 on the Voyager 2008 and it's great to hear good things about the stateroom. We have had the same room on the Rhapsody for the past 4 years, because we love the wrap balcony and was hoping to get something similiar on the Voyager, but they were already taken. Anything else you can tell me about the room or ship is greatly appreciated. We have 2 more cruises booked but they are both on the Splendour, a much smaller version, but we really enjoyed her last November.

Linda

Really, I have tried to be good and not stay glued to cruise critic for the past couple of months. Sometimes I have to get some work done or at least my boss thinks so.

Linda

We've also booked cabin 1394 - would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in this cabin - is the balcony big? - we have more of our family on this ship on the same cruise and would love to get together on our balcony - an important family cruise for us.

many thanks

Rachel

We've also booked cabin 1394 - would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in this cabin - is the balcony big? - we have more of our family on this ship on the same cruise and would love to get together on our balcony - an important family cruise for us.

many thanks

Rachel

Rachel -

We had 8 people on our balcony on 1694 (which is itentical to 1394) with no problem. The balcony is at least 4x bigger than a side JS balcony. Your family will love it. Enjoy!

We have 1394 for an October Med cruise. I couldn't believe my luck when I found it available. I called a few friends to see if they were interested ....and they almost ran thir deposits over to me!

Our last cruise was 3 ladies in an inside cabin on an older Carnival ship. We're reallly going to enjoy the space and the balcony this time! Can't wait!!

Can anyone tell me where the concierge lounge is on Deck 10? I'm wondering about the location with respect to cabins we are considering. I don't see it on the deck plans on the RCI web site, but there are a couple of blank center areas that aren't identified.

We're doing this Rome trip with Stefano....he receives rave reviews on the boards!

> > > The standard tour I provide in Rome is designed to cover the city

> > > major sites in one day. Additional off the beaten path tours can be

> > > arranged upon request of the client.

> > > Pick up at the pier at 08,00 AM and Return Depending on your all

>aboard.

> > > Usually I leave Rome at 04:30PM in order to be at the ship by 06:00PM.

> > > There will be a card with your surname on the windscreen.

> > > We'll drive in a smooth motorway trough the country and see the

>Etruscan

> > >Landscapes.

> > > It

>will take approx. one hour and ten minutes to get to Rome.

> > > We will enter Rome and make our first stop at the St Paul Outside the

> > > Wall church, where Apostle Paul is buried.

> > > The drive will continue along Ostiense Road and arrive at the

> > > Pyramid built for Caius Cestio .At this

> > > stage of the tour we will be inside the ancient Roman Wall built by

> > > Emperor Aureliano.

> > > We will then arrive at the Circus Maximus, the large ancient stadium

>for

> > > chariot races. Behind the stadium you

> > > will see the Palatine Hill where the villas and the domus of the

> > > emperors were built. At this point you will

> > > be able to see the Arch of Constantine and the Coloseum. We will stop

> > > here, and you will be able to visit the Colosseum and the Roman Forum

>on

> > > your own if you wish. In order to avoid lengthy, and time consuming

> > > queues, I will obtain

>the entry tickets in advance as a complimentary

> > > service for my clients. The fees for the entry tickets will be added

>to

> > > the final bill (the Colosseum charges 10 Euros per ticket).

> > >

> > > Following the Colosseum, we will stop at the Piazza Venezia where you

> > > will see the Vittorio Emanuele Monument, dedicated to the first king

>of

> > > Italy.

> > > Now will be the time to visit the Vatican Museum where you will be

>able

> > > to admire the vast collection of masterpieces, including the Raphael

> > > Rooms and the Sistine Chapel. Admission to the Museum is 12 Euros per

> > >person.

> > > If you wish to have a tour guide in the

> > > Vatican Museum I can book one at a price of 50 Euros per hour.

> > > It will take two hours to visit the Museum,The Sixtine Chapel and The

> > >Basilica.

> > > Upon exiting the museum, you will be in St Peter's Square from

> >

> > where you will be able to visit the inside of St. Peter's Basilica.

> > > Our next destination will be the Pantheon, once the temple of all

>Roman

> > > gods, then a church and burial place for kings and artists (Raphael).

> > > Near by are the piazzas and fountains that are famous in Rome. Our

> > > first stop will be Piazza Navona.

> > > Trevi fountain will follow. Here you can toss a coin in the fountain

>to

> > > ensure a return visit to Italy.

> > > Finally, you can rest and have a seat on the Spanish Steps.

> > > Please note that the order in which we will visit the sites may vary

> > > pending traffic conditions or other third party act. The tour can be

> > > altered to personalize your desires. Additional costs for entry

>tickets

> > > are not included in the tour fee, and the costs for entry tickets

> > > purchased in advance will be added to the final bill. The fees for the

> >

> >tours

> > > include tolls and parking, and are required in Euro funds.

> > > Kindly dress appropriately in order to be able to enter a church.

> > > The fee for the tour will be 380 Euros.

> > > I will give you my mobile number where I can be reached at: ***39(for

> > >Italy)339-3525028

> > >

> > > Booking is simple, I just need your confirmation via E-Mail.

that tour sounds fabulous. Does anyone have an email for Stefano? I'd like to talk to him to see if my husband and I can do this tour for our 10/7/06 sailing on the voyager. thanks!

Stephano is at romecabs@yahoo.com

You can read alot about him on the ports board. Here's the pricing I received.

Price for up to three passengers will be 380 euros,for four passengers will be 420 Euros,for up to six 440 Euros,for up to seven adults and a child 450Euros.

My minibus seats up to 8 adult passengers, but the front row of seats is suited either for two persons that are not very tall or for an adult and a child

Can anyone tell me where the concierge lounge is on Deck 10? I'm wondering about the location with respect to cabins we are considering. I don't see it on the deck plans on the RCI web site, but there are a couple of blank center areas that aren't identified.
That's because it's on Deck 9. :)

Thanks. I already found out this information from someone else. I'm surprised that the conciege lounge would not be on Deck 10, where almost all of the higher level suites are located. On Deck 9, only the two RFS can use it--none of the cabins qualify. (Of course, any Diamond/Diamond plus on that deck could.) Perhaps this is a cost cutting tactic, for by making it more inconvenient for the suite guests, who have to go to a different deck, there will be likely be fewer visits by suite guests than if the lounge was on the same deck as their stateroom. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I already found out this information from someone else. I'm surprised that the conciege lounge would not be on Deck 10, where almost all of the higher level suites are located. On Deck 9, only the two RFS can use it--none of the cabins qualify. (Of course, any Diamond/Diamond plus on that deck could.) Perhaps this is a cost cutting tactic, for by making it more inconvenient for the suite guests, who have to go to a different deck, there will be likely be fewer visits by suite guests than if the lounge was on the same deck as their stateroom. :rolleyes:

I hardly think that this is some sort of infernal plot on the part of Royal Caribbean to deny its precious suite passengers access to the Concierge Lounge. :rolleyes:

This is a large ship, with 14 decks accessible to the passengers. Many things that you will want to use will NOT be on the same deck as your cabin.

Big Whup.

I didn't say that RCCL was denying access to suite guests. But it certainly makes it more inconvenient to visit by placing the concierge lounge on a deck where only two of the suites on the entire ship could use it as opposed to the deck above where the remainder of all of the suites on the ship are located. This means that almost all suites guests will have to go down one deck (requiring use of the elevator or stairs) to use the concierge lounge rather than requiring the guests in only two suites (the RFS) to have to go up one deck.

As far as I know, the concierge lounge is the only public room for which the category of stateroom (Grand suite and above) entitles the stateroom occupant to use. This is different from all the other public rooms on the ship.

So why do you think that RCCL placed the concierge lounge on Deck 9 instead of Deck 10 on the Voyager?

On our AOS cruise I was a bit surprised the Concierge Lounge wasn't located on deck 10.......having said that, it really wasn't a big deal to walk down one flight of stairs? :rolleyes:

On our AOS cruise I was a bit surprised the Concierge Lounge wasn't located on deck 10.......having said that, it really wasn't a big deal to walk down one flight of stairs? :rolleyes:
Robyn: XOXOXOXOXOOX :)

We are considering this cabin for a sailing in January. Can anyone give me any details about the noise factor being below Windjammer? How was the view from the balcony? Is it worth it? Thanks!

I have had #1394 and #1694 on the Navigator which is a sister to the Voyager. No noise from above at all and the cabin is great. Huge balcony. I have photos of both cabins in my link below. Click on the Navigator photos.

My girlfriends and I just went out to dinner last night (one of them had a birthday) We were talking about how lucky we were to get such a great cabin - and thanks to a fellow roll call member - an amazing price!

Since you'll be in our cabin the week before, I hope you have a great time but don't forget - on October 14, you have to GET OUT! :)

Archived