fade cream ??

jnc411

Hi, showing my age. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a cream or lotion for those pesky age spots you get on your hands. I know you younger ladies won't relate to this thread , but I am hoping there are a few ladies out there who are on the wrong side of 50 like me. :)

Cori

I hate to disappoint you, but those creams don't work so good. They will lighten things up a little, but you have to use them every single day, maybe multiple times a day. I tried them for almost a year.

I have very light skin (fish belly white, as my DH puts it :D ), and I went to my dermo guy. He said laser removal is the only thing that works. I had serveral removed a few years ago as a test, and they are still gone. So, I plan on having the backs of my hands and lower arms done as soon as I don't have to be around people for a few months. It takes that long for my skin to heal, but the results are terrific.

I agree lazor is the best way to get rid of those dark spots, but there are prescription fade creams available that are stronger than over the counter.

They do work a little better, but you do have to use them on a regular basis for some time to see results. Also, I think a retinoid type cream, like Retin A or something similar, along with the fade cream gives very good results.

I used them both together on my face for sun freckles and damage and they worked very well.

Hi, Cori, ;)

All of the products contain hydrocoinoine as the active ingredient. (Not sure of the spelling, it has been a long time since I received my Esthetician's license, state of California). It takes about 6 months to see the progress. I always apply it right after my shower.

Pcur is wrong that they do not work - they DO work, it just takes a while. However, She is Correct in that Laser Therapy is much faster. I go to my Dermotologist, from time to time, to have them removed from my face & arms. She is also correct in that it takes a while to heal, so do it a Few Months before your cruise. :p

Thereafter, use the Hydrocynone cremes.

Maybe the success with these creams is dependent on our skin types. I have very light, pale skin, so it takes a LOT of applications a LONG time to work on me. I just run out of patience, I guess.

Also, (ha!) it was my Dr. that told me they don't work and to use the laser route, which he does, by the way!!

Archived