Grand Turk Port & Margaritaville Pictures!

Host Caroline

If you follow the yellow brick road here, also known as "the link";) and then click on the pictures on the left to enlarge them you will see my pictures.. really.. it looks just like this!! Margaritaville is gorgeous and the pool is huge! Also shows the port area as well.

Here's Margaritaville Grand Turk: http://margaritaville.com/grandturk.php

I need another margarita

• 1 month later...

Just watch out for the mosquitos. We had several days of itchy remembrance of our stop there. ;)

Margaritaville is beautiful and has a huge and wonderful pool. It just sucks that we both got about a half dozen bites each. And I thought I was swatting them ALL in time! LOL

Scott---is the first picture by any chance Governor's Beach...I think I can see chairs and maybe a dock? Several posters have said it is about 3/4 mile from dock, so I thought this might be the beach...just trying to get an idea of what we want to do in port...really like to be in the water and snorkel....

Hi, someone posted that the beach at Margarittaville is not clean on the bottom. There were rocks and slime. I would just like to see if anyone has experienced this, as I was so looking forward to spending my day here. Thank you :)

Hi, someone posted that the beach at Margarittaville is not clean on the bottom. There were rocks and slime. I would just like to see if anyone has experienced this, as I was so looking forward to spending my day here. Thank you :)

Excellent question.... I too would like to know how clean the water, and ocean bottom is at that area. From the pictures it looks wonderful.

The water at the cruise port was clear as possible there was some seaweed as you entered the water but not slime.The entry to the water was a breeze as was getting out.I have knee problems and it was easy..In the water there were a lot of interesting fish.Counch to be picked up at will,none of us kept them as they were still alive ,lots ,I mean LOTS ,of sand dollars and a a very friendly sting ray who joined us and stayed-our own personal "swimming with the stingray".The only problem is the sun is very strong and sunburn very easy ,to my misfortune,to get.We had a great time.As I have posted before GO NOW as Grand Turk will not be off the beaten path for long.Kathe

As I have posted before GO NOW as Grand Turk will not be off the beaten path for long.Kathe

I think it will be off the beaten path for quite some time. Check out http://margaritaville.com/grandturk.php. According to that web site, the port was opened by Carnival Cruise lines. If you check the grand turk website and go to the schedules, only Carnival & Princess ships use the port. Seems like a totally controled environment. Might signal a trend the other lines wilol follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Host Caroline, the pictures are beautiful. Looking forward to going. I have two questions for anyone who has been.

1. Are there children/families in Margaritaville area (pool or dining)?

2. In the cruise center is there anyone braiding hair?

Thank you!

There were many families with children there last week. I thought it was more like a spring break for college on the side of the pool with the bar in it. We took an excursion with our 13yr old daughter. We left our 19 and 21yr old son, daughter and nephews at the pool. They loved it. I did not notice if their was hair braiding. Hope this helps.

Thanks Caroline for the link to the beautiful pictures of Margarittaville. Is there an admissions charge? Never been to the Turks and looking forward to this port stop on our Oct. 9 cruise on Princess Crown but disappointed we will only be in port til 2 PM

There were nice chairs and umbrellas at the pool that we used. We just went to the beach to walk and swim but we didn't use the chairs. There were lounge chairs and clamshells on the beach.(you might have to rent the clamshells-not sure).

• 7 years later...

We were at Margaritaville Grand Turk in December and I ordered this drink but can't remember what it was, what was in it, etc. I know it was sweet/berry of some sort and was frozen and had a test tube of alcohol submerged in it. I've looked at the online menu and none of them seem to fit what I remember. I was thinking this drink was on a special card on the table (like a feature drink) but I could be wrong.

2013-12-17_10_46_06.jpg.830e20b30481137ece575673a65d1cd6.jpg

We were at Margaritaville Grand Turk in December and I ordered this drink but can't remember what it was, what was in it, etc. I know it was sweet/berry of some sort and was frozen and had a test tube of alcohol submerged in it. I've looked at the online menu and none of them seem to fit what I remember. I was thinking this drink was on a special card on the table (like a feature drink) but I could be wrong.

LAT173,

Last April my wife had a strawberry margarita or strawberry something that looked like that and had the test tube of alcohol. Very tasty!