Margaritaville Grand Turk Pics

Host Caroline

If you follow the yellow brick road here, also known as "the link";) and then click on the pictures on the left to enlarge them you will see my pictures.. really.. it looks just like this!! Margaritaville is gorgeous and the pool is huge! Also shows the port area as well.

Here's Margaritaville Grand Turk: http://margaritaville.com/grandturk.php

I need another margarita :(

:D ohhh.. I like this thread! My kinda cruisin' buddies ...

I got salt here..

..actually timing was impeccable.. coworker attorney just brought in a late wedding gift this a.m AND it's a huge margarita "bucket" with three kinds of margarita mix (pink grapefruit --doesn't that sound interesting; strawberry, and traditional), salt, 4 gorgeous glasses and pitchers and stirrers...

so literally.. wish you were all here :) my new DH will love this with Cinco de Mayo tomorrow.. already got the new Margaritaville Turks license plate on the deck/tiki bar..

..be here around 7:00 guys and we'll break out the pink grapefruit margies:)

If you follow the yellow brick road here, also known as "the link";) and then click on the pictures on the left to enlarge them you will see my pictures.. really.. it looks just like this!! Margaritaville is gorgeous and the pool is huge! Also shows the port area as well.

Here's Margaritaville Grand Turk: http://margaritaville.com/grandturk.php

I need another margarita :(

Thank you Caroline, it is just beautiful. We will be in Turks on the Crown in June, is Margaritaville an excursion and/or can you hang out there for the day. My kids would love it too!! Thanks... Susan

Caroline....great pics. It looks beautiful.

I do have a question that I've been dying to ask a million times.

I've read probably thousands of threads on all boards on CC about how people can't wait to get to Margaritaville, Senor Frogs, Carlos & Charlies, etc. when they dock at a port.

Hey, if I'm going to be flamed, I guess I'm ready for it, but, here it is:

Why, when visiting a port for the very first time, would you choose to hang out at a chain bar/restaurant for the entire duration of your stay, rather than exploring the island, taking in the culture, sampling the local cuisine, etc.? Oh, and btw, I love margaritas. Thanks! ;)

Caroline....great pics. It looks beautiful.

I do have a question that I've been dying to ask a million times.

I've read probably thousands of threads on all boards on CC about how people can't wait to get to Margaritaville, Senor Frogs, Carlos & Charlies, etc. when they dock at a port.

Hey, if I'm going to be flamed, I guess I'm ready for it, but, here it is:

Why, when visiting a port for the very first time, would you choose to hang out at a chain bar/restaurant for the entire duration of your stay, rather than exploring the island, taking in the culture, sampling the local cuisine, etc.? Oh, and btw, I love margaritas. Thanks! ;)

I'm not going to flame you, just explain why I asked that question. (BTW, I've been to turk & caicos before)I'm not familiar with Margaritaville, to me it looks like a resort.I wasn't sure if it's a place like Atlantis. Since all we do is cruise anymore(small pools) I thought my kids would love the huge pool, it's a nice twist next to the beach.But if your comparing it with Senor Frogs, it's not a place I would go with my kids anyway!

susan, I certainly wasn't asking because of your post. I've just read consistently how at every port where one of these bars exist, there's so many people who can't wait to get there. Maybe someone here could explain the attraction to me. It surely can't be because pax are just dying for a drink, not with the way alcohol flows on the ship.

I have been to zillions of bars, but I'd never pay for a cruise to hang at a bar in port. I get the impression (could be the wrong impression) that some cruisers can't wait to get off the ship so they can run into Senor Frogs, etc.

The Crown will only be our second cruise, so I'm not comparing Senor Frogs to Margaritaville, because I've never been to Senor Frogs, but I've seen many pics and it's a bar/restaurant.

The first time I was in Key West, I walked into Margaritaville, I thought "Is that all there is?" IMHO, it's just another bar, like any other, you know? It was like "OK, been there, done that", like going to Times Square on New Year's Eve.

This Margaritaville looks beautiful, but, imho, it's still "just a bar/restaurant" with food you can get anywhere. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'm sure DH and I will at least spend a little time there when we hop off the Crown. Thanks for the "flameless" reply. ;)

I'm not going to flame you, just explain why I asked that question. (BTW, I've been to turk & caicos before)I'm not familiar with Margaritaville, to me it looks like a resort.I wasn't sure if it's a place like Atlantis. Since all we do is cruise anymore(small pools) I thought my kids would love the huge pool, it's a nice twist next to the beach.But if your comparing it with Senor Frogs, it's not a place I would go with my kids anyway!

Is the pool area FREE or is it a one drink min.????? This appears to be nothing like Senor Frogs or CCs. This looks like resort beach/pool area with bar and resturant. If Jimmy B. wants to spend his money this way I'll go if it's that nice. I don't see this as an excursion. We were going to the Governor's Beach in GT but this looks more to our liking. Anybody been to Governor's Beach?

Margaritaville is right at the dock but I'm afraid I don't now if you have a drink minimum or anything to use the pool/beach.. post that on the Grand Turk port of call board and I bet someone will answer you.. we did the dune buggy adventure which was awesome and then just had lunch and a margarita at Margaritaville..

RE Sr Frogs etc. I love to stop by there for the fun and a drink but do NOT make that my port call (well ex. maybe in MoBay)... but yes there are some that do nothing but find bars on ship or ashore and I have no idea why:confused: :confused: ya, know you can drink with friends at home.

BTW got Rio Red Grapefruit Margarita Mix yesterday to try ... from Williams Sonoma... trying it tomorrow eve on the deck. .anyone want one?

Thanks, Caroline.

Sure, I'd love a margarita...with salt, please. ;)

RE Sr Frogs etc. I love to stop by there for the fun and a drink but do NOT make that my port call (well ex. maybe in MoBay)... but yes there are some that do nothing but find bars on ship or ashore and I have no idea why:confused: :confused: ya, know you can drink with friends at home.

BTW got Rio Red Grapefruit Margarita Mix yesterday to try ... from Williams Sonoma... trying it tomorrow eve on the deck. .anyone want one?

Archived