Commodore's last voyage?

mufi

Last year Victoria Travel were advertising a QM2 Eastbound crossing on 24 July as "The Commodore's Final Fairwell"

Presumably he will be taking command for this one and then retire.

I have not heard any news otherwise, so it seems that the story that he had been sacked was just that.

David.

Last year Victoria Travel were advertising a QM2 Eastbound crossing on 24 July as "The Commodore's Final Fairwell"

Presumably he will be taking command for this one and then retire.

I have not heard any news otherwise, so it seems that the story that he had been sacked was just that.

David.

I think Ron Warwick will be there on a "ceremonial" basis, but will not be in command of the $800 million dollar vessel, following the unfortunate Fort Lauderdale incident.

I spoke with Bea on the QM2 on the 4/23 crossing. She is taking the final crossing with Commodore Warwick and his wife Kim in July and then going home to the QE2. She didn't mention that Commodore Warwick would not be at the helm, but actually would be very much there. She seems to know the Commodore and his wife very well.

I spoke with Bea on the QM2 on the 4/23 crossing. She is taking the final crossing with Commodore Warwick and his wife Kim in July and then going home to the QE2. She didn't mention that Commodore Warwick would not be at the helm, but actually would be very much there. She seems to know the Commodore and his wife very well.

Gosh! She's switching to the QM2 for the farewll trip? I wish I could be there. Both becasue I would love to meet her, And I would love to see Kim and the Commodore as well, and wish them the best on the next leg of their trip through life. The Commodore is the one who told me about how Bea is about playing Bridge. I haven't played in a while. I was fair-to-middlin' when I played. I dont think I would play with Bea. I could not live up to her standards, and would feel just horrible if I made a mistake.

I do wish them all well.

Karie, who wishes she could be there for the fairwell trip

I heard the QE2 was going into dry dock and anyone on board had to transfer to the QM2. Although we did see the QE2 passing by on 4/23. Don't know the particulars, that's just what I heard from others. Bea says she will stay on land for a couple of months with family. First time in a long time. Then travel back home to the QE2 as I said before. She is so nice. I hope you get to meet her. She is very approachable and kind. I met up with her in the Chart Room. She was just reading. I went and talked with her. Had her 80th birthday on board and they made a fuss over her. I don't play bridge but hear she's very good. Hope to see her again.

Archived