What Tour Guide to Use????

CruisingTeacher19

I want to book a tour for this island, I want to see the Diamond Mineral Baths, the waterfall, the pitons, and the drive in volcano! Who does this??? How was it? Would you do this again? Have you been there more than once and used different tour guides??? which is better! I want the best!!

Samantha Jo

I don't have the name of a specific tour guide because we negotiated with a cab driver when we got off the ship, showing him the list of the things we wanted to see. There were lots of them vying for our business. Great day.

I want to book a tour for this island, I want to see the Diamond Mineral Baths, the waterfall, the pitons, and the drive in volcano! Who does this??? How was it? Would you do this again? Have you been there more than once and used different tour guides??? which is better! I want the best!!

Samantha Jo

Direct negotiations with a cabby is one route, working with a tour guide that has an established service is another. My wife and I used "Frank" and we did all the things on your list & more. His web site is at http://www.*****/ and we would use him again if we return to St Lucia in the future.

You will find quite a few favorable reviews (and pricing information) for Frank's tour posted below. I believe his current price is about $5 more than his competition. Since we didn't use one of his competitors, I can't tell you he was better than the others. I will tell you that we felt we received a very good value for the price we paid and had a very good time.

Enjoy!

We have also used Frank as our tour guide and it was the best. Friends of ours also went on Frank's tour on our recommendation and had a awesome time. Have a great time in St. Lucia - its a beautiful island!!

I used Herod on April 27 and had a fantastic day. He did all the things you mentioned that you wanted to do and also took us snorkling at a beach between the Pitons. You can reach him at Herodstaxi.com.

No matter who you use you will have a great day on St. Lucia. I have not seen a negative review of any of the tour guides named on these boards. My suggestion is to email them all, tell them what you want to do, wait for a response and then make your decision.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we just returned from our cruise .... we used Cosol he is great and proud of where he lives ... he will take you everywhere you want to go just give him your list.... he provides snacks, the best pineapple i've ever tasted, we had banana, sugar cane, and lots more stuff i dont remember the name of , also water, soda, rum puch, local beer, you name it he gets it for you... we all loved him. The volcano was awesome dont miss that.

We were in St. Lucia two years ago and used one of the drivers now prominently mentioned on this board. He was great, and I came home and gave him a raving review. At that time, he didn't have much of a following, but now he gets mentioned every day (I should have negotiated a kickback!). Problem is, when we decided to return (we were there two weeks ago), I couldn't get him to return emails timely and when he did, I realized that we would be sharing a large vehicle with lots of other people - not at all the experience we had the last time

This time, we showed up at the port and negotiated. I can highly recommend the driver we had - Lenny at lennytaxi1062@yahoo.com. He is as good or better as the driver so often recommended on this board, and we got a private tour of just our group of four (at a negotiated discount, as well). But my point is that there are lots of drivers available and all do pretty much the same tour

If you want to be assured of a quality driver who hasn't yet let success affect him, try Lenny. A great driver, friendly guy and very clean, air conditioned van. I have taken lots of tours and highly recommend this guy (and no, I don't have a kickback negotiated with him, either)

whoever you use, ask them to stop at the bread baker. They will know what you are talking about. It is some of the best bread that I have ever eaten

• 3 months later...

Tigercruiser -

Could you give me more info on lennys taxi? We were thinking of using him on 11/7. How long was your tour? Did he take you to the waterfalls and snorkeling? What are the best sights to see? Did he have drinks and samplings of food along the way?

Anything else you may want to add,please.

Thanks so much

I have been to St.Lucia on many occassions and have not regreated my time spend there. Did some AWSOME tours with *****. They do offer some great tours and excursions. GREEN GIANT ADVENTURES, TERRAIN ROAMER SAFARI ADVENTURE, SERENITY LAND & SEA TOUR these are just a few of what they offer. You name it they do have some excellent offers. You can also checkout John on tel. 1758-450-4525. I hope you do have a wonderful time in St.Lucia we had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a cruise and we toured St Lucia with Fabian It was awesome! He was awesome!

We fashioned a somewhat custom tour since Fabian is flexible. We saw a waterfall, went up to the volcano, had lunch at Ladera (!) and had homemade cookies and bread. On the way back to the ship we stopped at the beach to snorkel. He was most gracious and very informative. If I ever get to go back I'll call him again! I highly recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...

We just took a tour with Cosol and he's very good. He's been doing this for many years and we're so glad he was our tour guide. Driving on St. Lucia is treacherous and the people can sometimes get a bit agressive with their selling but Cosol shielded us from all of that and took us to all or most of the places you mentioned .

We just got back from our Cruise - Adventure of the Seas. COSOL was our tour guide in St. Lucia. He was amazing. This is a person who truly loves his country and enjoys telling people about it. He stopped along the way to buy us the different foods of St. Lucia. We tried cookies, johnny cakes, bread and all sorts of wonderful foods during the 5 hours we were with him. He had a huge cooler of rum punch, beer, soda and water. All this for the price of the tour. He even paid the admission to any of the places we visited - volcano, water falls, springs, banana plantation etc. Our day ended on the beach and then back to the ship. A wonderful experience. Feel free to contact me.

Debbie, Bruce and Marla:)

Archived