Interior Promenade Stateroom

I would agree. The Promenade Room is a good choice for 2 people. They are better than a regular inside cabin, but are typically more affordable than an outside stateroom on a similar deck. If you are doing the Promenade, look at deck 7 or 8 if possible. More so, if you think you will spend some time in the bay window people watching, try to get a cabin mid-ship so you can see the parades and normal traffic flow through the Promenade.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We had a promande room on the Mariner in October. It was wonderful much more affordable then the outside cabin and there was always something to see downstairs. We loved the room so much we are doing it again in July on adventure. Just close the curtains when you want privacy and when exiting the shower or your room will be the real show ;):eek:

I was once an advocate of PR cabins... no longer. Yes, they are better than a regular inside room, by far... but I wouldn't choose an inside room anyway.

I don't like to spend any more time in my room than necessary, but when I am in there, I hate the sardine can feeling. Hate having to squeeze past the bed to get to the sitting area. Also, found this most recent trip that I missed seeing daylight!

If I had to choose between a PR cabin and NO cruise, of course I would take the PR cabin, but I will be booking balconies from here on out (where ever possible).

If you're in a PR (or any inside) you can turn the tv to a channel that shows the bridge cam to see what the weather will be. I've read of folks who leave this on all night since at night, it is pitch black and as the sun rises, the cabin gets lighter. I don't like to get up THAT early but it's a clever idea. Sure, you don't feel the caribbean breeze but if you're going int he hotter months, you could just take turns blowing the hair-dryer in each other's faces. :)

People are obessed with the "close the curtains if you don't want to be seen" thing. Usually, when you get up, you're in port but nobody tells people with a balcony to watch out to clsoe the curtains. Maybe it's because you tend to forget you have a window? We never saw anything odd in the windows but we weren't staring, either, which I'm starting to think a lot of folks here must spend a lot of time doing. :)

We were in a PR on the Voyager in 2004. It was wonderful. Very quiet and fun for people watching. We are booked (2 adjoining rooms) with our children in PR rooms for our NOS in June. I really enjoy PR rooms:)

I was once an advocate of PR cabins... no longer. Yes, they are better than a regular inside room, by far... but I wouldn't choose an inside room anyway.

I don't like to spend any more time in my room than necessary, but when I am in there, I hate the sardine can feeling. Hate having to squeeze past the bed to get to the sitting area. Also, found this most recent trip that I missed seeing daylight!

If I had to choose between a PR cabin and NO cruise, of course I would take the PR cabin, but I will be booking balconies from here on out (where ever possible).

I agree with you completely!

I haven't stayed in one of the Promenade rooms, but I thought it was nice that a lot of them decorated their windows, with where they were from, etc. So, from the Promenade you could look up and see decorations in some of the windows.

We stayed in a PR on NOS, mid-promenade, deck 8. Great location; really enjoyed it. The curtain issue is slightly different than on a Nile or Yangtze cruise: on the NOS you are yards away from the closest window; on the Yangtze, or the Nile in particular, you are feet away and eye-to-eye! Where we found the privacy issue to be was the connecting door--could hear everything in the next room.

We were in a PR on the Voyager in 2004. It was wonderful. Very quiet and fun for people watching. We are booked (2 adjoining rooms) with our children in PR rooms for our NOS in June. I really enjoy PR rooms:)

Please report back after your cruise. Our choice is adjoining Promenades or adjoining Balcony cabins. Decided on the Promenades to save close to $800.

Trying a PR for the first time on the Navigator after many years of balconys. Found a happy hour price too good to pass up as my wife wanted to go to St Thomas to restock the single malt supply. Should be fun watching the people from deck 7 across from the Cafe.

Not too worried about feeling cramped as we've been on an older Victoria river boat on the Yangtze (anyone that's been there knows you have to leave the cabin to turn around). I also spent 11 nights in an ocean view on the Song of Norway with my wife and her mother (and we still like each other).

We are booked in a PR on Mariner in September. Last year we were on Caribbean Princess in a balcony and there was always smoke coming from the balcony to the bow of us all hours of the day. We don't spend much time in our cabin and this was a bummer that we had to deal with the smoke. I don't think I will ever be able to do an inside cabin. At least the promenade has a window so I won't feel totally enclosed.

Archived