I love Eggs Benedict.....

VICKIVICKI

and my husband loves omelettes. We ussually eat on the lido deck so that he can get his omelot.Do they serve omelots in the dining room for breakfast, so that we can both get what we want at the same time?

Also, Bobby was in a car accident[rear-ended] a little over a year ago and is still in enormous pain. He constantly uses a heating pad to relax the muscles in his back. I read somewhere on here that heating pads are not allowed. Is this true? Also, it helps his back to just float around the water in the pool with a foam noodle. Are noodles allowed?

Thanks

Vicki

I slipped 2 disks in my neck not too long ago. Where my head and neck connect.

Anyways I am addicted to a heating pad because if I don't use one I can't move my neck it gets so stiff.

I went back to work and my neck was still killing me and ofcourse I couldnt use my heating pad. I was talking to my Dr. about it and he told me to get some of those therma care heat wraps. Ohhhhh my are they wonderful!!! I use them all the time. You could probably buy a couple of boxes of those and take them with you. Just make sure you get the Therma care ones they are the only ones that work and they dont have a odor either which I like. I tried the Ben Gays ones and I didnt like them they didnt heat up like the therma care and they had a strong scent to them.

Anyways I hope this helps.

Don't they also have those thermal strips that you can put on as well?? Has anyone ever tried them??

The ThermaCare wraps are AWESOME!! I cannot live without a supply of them handy!

I get crippling neck/shoulder pain when I get colds. I put them on, they last ALL day, stick right in place...Highly recommend getting those!!

Do they still sell those?[hot-water bottles] I don't think I've seen one in 30 or 40 years.
Like Texas says - just check your drugstores, Wally World, Target...they should all have them. Just ask up at the pharmacy if you can't find them, I am sure that they can help you.

Don't they also have those thermal strips that you can put on as well?? Has anyone ever tried them??

I'm another big fan of ThermaCare!! I have had reconstructive surgery to my arm and elbow - not an easy area to use a heating pad on - my Dr. and Physical Therapist recomended ThermaCare and I was in heaven. It't an even heat that stays put and lets you move around - no "leash" plugging you into the wall.

I have Eggs Benedict a couple of mornings of each cruise. The omelettes are described on the menu as...

Omelette Eggsceptionale:

Plain, Ham, Cheese, Ham & Cheese, Smoked Whitefish, Eggbeaters available upon request.

Now you both can enjoy b'fast in the dining room. An added bonus for having b'fast in the dining room is that you can have espresso and cappuccino w/every meal - but not on Lido. I always start off b'fast with an espresso!:)

The ThermaCare products work for me, as well. Other brands just don't seem to last nearly as long - and I've tried all the less-expensive ones. A word of warning... I drove about 3 hours once with one on my lower back, and being in the same position for so long, I had a large blister that became infected. Be careful. It says on the package not to sleep with one on - for this reason.:eek:

Thanks everyone! I'm going to buy him the therma-care today. A couple of months ago, he tried the icy-hot ones, and he said that they did nothing for him. We didn't think that we should try another brand,but after hearing how well therma-care worked for so many of you,I think he should give it a try.[which he will, I'm the boss! lol]

Therma Care patches are good stuff, but I've found that a product called "Cura-Heat" works a little better for me. It's a bigger patch, gets warmer than Therma Care and stays hot for 12 hours. To each his own, I guess.

Cotton, your sig line says it all.

Lisa

and the dining room. My DH loves eggs benedict, but the runny egg yolk thing makes me a bit queezy. We go to the dining room and he orders his EB and I order egg beaters Eggs Benedict- they just replace the poached egg w/the scrambled egg beaters and I am a happy cruiser.

Of course- I can always order two- since the egg beaters have less cholesterol. We just won't talk about the hollandaise (sp) sauce completely covering them. We all know that condiments do not count toward your daily caloric intake limit, right?!?!

I like eggs benedict too, but the ones on Sovereign of the Seas 2 years ago tasted just like an egg McMuffin. The yolks were hard and so was the sauce. Not trying to be funny, I swear it tasted just like McDonald's.

I was on a recent RCI cruise, and I agree about RCI's Eggs Benedict....or their version of it.

There was a thick slice of irregularly sliced ham (not Canadian bacon) on the English muffin half (not toasted), with a very overdone rubbery poached egg, and about a teaspoon of Hollandaise on the center of the egg. I asked for additional Hollandaise, and the waiter told me he couldn't do that. HUH?:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I also LOVE eggs benny! WE have been on 5 different cruise lines and I have only had a problem getting my special concoction from one line-Carnaval! I like regular eggs benny but if you really want a treat have the waiter bring it to you with smoked salmon insted of the ham! They always have smoked salmon on the breakfast menu along with cream cheese and bagels ,so they never mind substituting. I have sat with other guests that I have just met and they turn their nose up at my concoction but I always seem to run into them later in the cruise and they tell me they got up the nerve to try it-and loved it. Hope you like it too!!:D

I also LOVE eggs benny! WE have been on 5 different cruise lines and I have only had a problem getting my special concoction from one line-Carnaval! I like regular eggs benny but if you really want a treat have the waiter bring it to you with smoked salmon insted of the ham! They always have smoked salmon on the breakfast menu along with cream cheese and bagels ,so they never mind substituting. I have sat with other guests that I have just met and they turn their nose up at my concoction but I always seem to run into them later in the cruise and they tell me they got up the nerve to try it-and loved it. Hope you like it too!!:D

Copper6606,

My DH is an executive chef and by far my favorite omlette that he makes me is smoked salmon, fresh spinach and cream cheese. There just isn't anything better. Next time you are at an omlette bar, try one, even if you have to steal the smoked salmon off the bagel bar ;) , it's delicious!!

Archived