Promo 6027

KAKcruiser

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recieved the discount mailing and checked with my TA about Pricing for Zuiderdam March 26th. However the the price I was quoted was the same as the early savings price in HaL's brochure. So am I really getting a discount.

I just called my TA to see if this Promo will apply to our January Veendam cruise. I sure hope it does.

Thank you very much for posting about it. That was generous and considerate of you.

Hope lots of us can take advantage of it.

I recieved the discount mailing and checked with my TA about Pricing for Zuiderdam March 26th. However the the price I was quoted was the same as the early savings price in HaL's brochure. So am I really getting a discount.
Mayesd,

Are you booked on this cruise. We are. Looking for some other CC members to join us.:)

I called in to HAL to see if promo #6027 would better my deal. I was told that, while the promo is applicable to the January departures of the Oosterdam to Mexico, I have already received a better rate than I would get under the promo. Since I booked at a 58% discount, and the major discounters are about $100-125.00/PP better than the price I am at (even now), it looks like this one isn't going to do much for the cruisers who have already booked the Oosterdam to Mexico in January, if they booked early, or through one of the major discounters.

Bummer........

Just got a call the Promo does not apply to our sailing.

Seems this happens alot to us......everyone gets these great promo and invariably when I call to request it for our sailing.........I get the same response. NO!!!

S7S, That's strange. The HAL cruise consultant applied it to our Veendam sailing on the 29 January....or at least he said he did. We were happy with the price. Sometimes I feel that buying a cruise is like a game of roulette....you have about 50/50 odds of getting it right...or for the right price.

I just called my TA to see if this Promo will apply to our January Veendam cruise. I sure hope it does.

Thank you very much for posting about it. That was generous and considerate of you.

Hope lots of us can take advantage of it.

Sail -

Sorry you weren't able to take advantage of it. I e-mailed TA after reading this and we got $100 shipboard credit for our 3/20/05 Volendam sailing.

I then asked her specifically what promo #6027 applies to, I had not been able to find anything about it - she has not emailed me back yet, but once she does, I will post.

Thanks KAK,

I checked with my TA about Promo 6027 and received a $250 price reduction on my 2005 Princendam cruise. :)

Did you have any other discounts on the Prinsendam from the published rate?

My TA got me a previous cruiser discount from the current rates for the 2005 World Cruise. He said I would not be eligible for any other promotions, since that would be "double-dipping". I'm not entirely sure he is correct. Any comments from the rest of the group?

ekerr........

Thank you for saying you will post when you learn what it is supposed to apply to. I'm very interested to read it.

The cruise I wish to apply it to is Veendam, January 3 (12 days.)

I have the brochure here. I see that Jan 3 Veendam is not included, but the January 29 Veendam is. It is for a certain amount off the regular fare. It seems to be already included on the web fares now. it wasn't when we originally booked our mexico cruise, but when I called about another cabin, the price was the same as on the web and it included 6027.

It does not list suits as being included.

Thanks, CruisinJudy.

I think the January 3 sailing has been selling as the Suites have been full for a while. So I guess they didn't need to discount it.

I appreciate your sharing the info.

ekerr........

Thank you for saying you will post when you learn what it is supposed to apply to. I'm very interested to read it.

The cruise I wish to apply it to is Veendam, January 3 (12 days.)

Sail-

According to our TA, it is available for many 2005 sailings. Here are the details she gave me.

$50.00 shipboard credit for the first person and $50.00 for the second in a cabin if you book FF or better. In lieu of the $100 shipboard credit we could take a 2-catagory upgrade. In our case we can't, because we need a quad and have booked an E quad, which is as high as we can go - other than Suite. The promo does not apply to those booking an S catagory. :( Sorry.

Hope this helps.

ekerr.......

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your getting the info and posting this. At least I know for sure now that my TA did inquire and try to get it for us and that we simply did not qualify.

Archived