Economical, good food in Vancouver? Recommendations?

irisheileen

Nothing fancy-just good cooking at reasonable price. I've read that Bojangles is great for breakfast. We may go to Granville Island where I hear that it's fun to shop around for a meal and eat outside picnic style.

We'll need a Dinner resaurant for the night before our cruise. Where have you eaten?

Thanks, Eileen

We discovered a wonderful seafood restaurant last year. It's name is A KETTLE OF FISH and it's located on the corner of Hornby and Pacific Streets at 900 Pacific St.

Atmosphere is like eating in a garden and the food was wonderful. My wife said it's worth going to Vancouver just to eat there.:)

We discovered a wonderful seafood restaurant last year. It's name is A KETTLE OF FISH and it's located on the corner of Hornby and Pacific Streets at 900 Pacific St.

Atmosphere is like eating in a garden and the food was wonderful. My wife said it's worth going to Vancouver just to eat there.:)

Thanks so much for the recommendation. When people say it's worth going to a city to eat at a particular place...that's a good bet that it's a great place to eat.

I did a search and here's the link to their website: www.akettleoffish.net .

I also went to aaa.com and mapped it from the Westin Bayshore where we'll be staying - 1.8 miles away doesn't sound bad to me! Thanks so much!

By the way, if anyone is a member of AAA or possibly even if you're not, their mapping program is great. You simply enter if you are looking for lodging/restaurants/or whatever; enter a city/state/province and then where you are going: lodging/restuarant etc. Great tool!

Granville Island is a great place to get food. There's a farmer's market that has all sorts of fresh fruits/veggies, breads, cheeses, etc. Our favorite is an outdoor crepe stand much like those in Paris. There are lots of fun shops to browse in also. Have fun!

From the Westin Bayshore, walk down Denman Street, which is one block away. After two blocks you will get to Robson Street. Either keep going on Denman or go left on Robson. There are numerous restaurants of all price ranges on both streets.

If you want waterfront dining, try Cardero's, across the street from the Westin, or go all the way down Denman to the English Bay Cafe. It's about a 20 minute walk.

Enjoy !

N

Kettle of Fish has a great menu available of British Columbia products. We had three courses for $33 canadian. They call it The best of BC three for 33. The salad and the soup were great and they also had wild british columbian salmon. The menu for the three course is on there web site.

Enjoy VAncouver you ALaskan cruisers !!

:)

Eileen,

Definately Granville Island has fab food - try the Strawberry & Rhubarb pie - unbelievable! (And that's coming from a fellow Irishwoman!) Also, try the Elbow Room for Breakfast or Lunch - they have a website. Great food at reasonable prices. Also if your into Chinese there's a very very good chinese restaurant on Robson Street (Hon's Won Ton) It's really cheap and REALLY good. It looks like a run down Irish 'Supermacs' but it is really good.

Hope your spending a few days in Vancouver - fabulous city with so much to do!

Have fun

noodle houses,where you can great food for cheap.

On the corner of Thurlow and Alberni is an Asian food court.Only open til 5oopm.Good food-don't worry if you are the only non-Asian there.

Elbow Room is good for some morning fun and breakfast.

Archived