HUGH upgrade I think on Caribbean Princess

losuds63

I booked us a (BG) balcony the cheapest balcony one could get for July 29th 2006 then there was a price drop and got back $180.00 from my online travel agent last week now that the cruise is paid off I went to the Princess site and saw that I have been assigned a room already in a (BA) cat on the lido deck and thats a $600.00 per person upgrade !!! holy S$$T:)

A huge upgrade would be to a minisuite from a balcony :)

The upgrade you received is pretty good but not uncommon for booking a guarantee. I would look and see if there are any BA cabins available on Caribe deck and see if your online agency can switch you to Caribe. Those balconies are 2x the size of the balconies on Lido.

I like the location of Lido cabins but prefer the balconies on Caribe and have heard some negatives about MUTS noise on some Lido balconies.

Congrats.

A huge upgrade would be to a minisuite from a balcony :)

The upgrade you received is pretty good but not uncommon for booking a guarantee. I would look and see if there are any BA cabins available on Caribe deck and see if your online agency can switch you to Caribe. Those balconies are 2x the size of the balconies on Lido.

I like the location of Lido cabins but prefer the balconies on Caribe and have heard some negatives about MUTS noise on some Lido balconies.

Congrats.

--to do that but I was just talking hugh because the price I paid to this cat is a few hundred dollars like from buy 1 get 1 free

--to do that but I was just talking hugh because the price I paid to this cat is a few hundred dollars like from buy 1 get 1 free

Princess pricing is bizarre sometimes. It is not uncommon to see one or two categories of insides or outside cabins more expensive than balconies... Prices also change often. A BA is definitely not worth $600 more pp compared to lower balcony cabins.

Have a good cruise!

I totally agree with you Coral, the pricing sometimes makes no sense.

An upgrade within the same type of stateroom, outside to outside or balcony to balcony is just that, an upgrade. A HUGE upgrade is to the next category stateroom layout. Balcony to mini suite, outside to balcony.

It is impossible really to just look at the pricing for the categories, the location is the best part.

Last summer we booked an AE on the Golden, as it was the cheapest. We ended up in an AA cabin. Upgraded yes, but to the same type of stateroom, so it was not a HUGE upgrade although the price difference was in the high hundreds if not over a thousand different.

Have a great cruise!

Princess pricing is bizarre sometimes. It is not uncommon to see one or two categories of insides or outside cabins more expensive than balconies... Prices also change often. A BA is definitely not worth $600 more pp compared to lower balcony cabins.

Have a good cruise!

----A (BA) cat that is a balcony on lido or carib is actually a few hundred more then a mini suite --how crazy is that Coral

and what Holiday is it??:confused:

Bill

____I cant get that Happy holiday off my signature and i cant get no one to help me on this so i guess its stuck there forever so iam drinking alot more champagne now these days since everyday is a holiday!!!:)

Click on "User CP" in the blue tool bar at the top of the page. Then look at the menu on the left side of that page. Find "signature" and click on it. You will find your signature in front of you at the top, and its code underneath. In the code box, just delete the "happy holiday" line and hit save.

Thanks Merion Mom. I was just typing that when your notification came of your post.

My family hasn't been talking to me, (nothing new) and when I saw happy Holiday I thought i missed a holiday and that's why they weren't talking to me.

Maybe bad breath.:D

Bill

Click on "User CP" in the blue tool bar at the top of the page. Then look at the menu on the left side of that page. Find "signature" and click on it. You will find your signature in front of you at the top, and its code underneath. In the code box, just delete the "happy holiday" line and hit save.
--It wont let me into that prompt it only says page cant be displayed --I tried this 100 times something is not right i can click and get into all the other user cp prompts but not the edit signature one!!

Thanks Merion Mom. I was just typing that when your notification came of your post.

My family hasn't been talking to me, (nothing new) and when I saw happy Holiday I thought i missed a holiday and that's why they weren't talking to me.

Maybe bad breath.:D

Bill

---dont worry everything will be ok you dont need them all you need is your health a few good friends and a few bucks to have a good time on a cruise!!----PS how do you like my sunglass collection from the chair savers

Use this email address if you can't successfully change something. They will change/remove everything for you:

boards@cruisecritic.com

--It wont let me into that prompt it only says page cant be displayed --I tried this 100 times something is not right i can click and get into all the other user cp prompts but not the edit signature one!!

Archived