Oceania dress?

scdreamer

I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed previously on this board - I wasn't able to find it with the "search" option.

We just completed a cruise on another, more mainstream line, and were a bit surprised to discover that the minimal dress code for evening meals was not enforced at all.

While we are not what I would consider stuffy or formal, we do enjoy the experience of dining in a nice restaurant, and were more than a little put off by other patrons seated nearby wearing sweat suits, old running shoes, and ball caps - this was in one of the line's "specialty" restaurants after 9 p.m. It seemed odd to be seated in a restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins, a maitre d', a wine steward, and ... funky sweatshirts.

What is the normal dinner apparel one would see on an Oceania cruise? Does a minimal dress code exist, and if so, is it enforced?

We're looking at a Med cruise in the fall, so it wouldn't be a time or place for tropical resort wear ... just hoping for something a little more than people at the next table who look as if they just finished a weekend's worth of yardwork.

Oceania's dress code is "country club casual". We have only been on two Oceania crusies, but found that people dressed appropriately, as you would if you were going to a nice resturant at home.

We found everyone on our cruise to be quite "tastefully" dressed for dinner. Pun intended! Perhaps a little more "country club-ish" than casual in Toscana or Polo Grill, perhaps a little more casual in Tapas. But I don't remember seeing anyone who looked like something 'the cat drug in'.... This is a first class cruise line - with first class cruisers from my observation. Well traveled, well dressed, well-bred. The dining experience on Oceania is wonderful, from the tablemates to the food!

Per the Oceania Cruises website:

"In all evening dining venues, we request that guests adhere to the appropriate country club-casual dress code. Shorts, jeans, t-shirts, athletic footwear or sandals are not permitted in the Grand Dining Room, Polo Grill and Toscana. As Tapas on the Terrace exudes a resort-casual ambiance, dressy shorts and casual shirts may be worn in the evenings. Tank tops and swimsuits are not appropriate attire for any of our onboard restaurants at any time."

You may find more Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on "Already Booked" and then "FAQ" or by clicking on "Contact" at the bottom of the page and the clickong the Frequently Asked Questions link provided.

Hope this helps.

The only time I saw sweat suits was on the jogging track or in the gym.

This is NOT one of those cheap mainstream cruises

I suppose someone may try to push the envelope but I am sure their dress code will be enforced ...

Most cruise on "O" are a bit more mature

Archived