Booked on inside cabin..question...

I have booked 3 inside cabins in NCL'c Spirit July 24th cruise to Alaska for 7 of us. We wanted to book outside cabins (with a window or with a balcony) but were told that they were all sold out which was a disappointment. We tried Princess (Diamond and Sapphire), we tried HAL, but was wayyy too expensive, we tried everything but ended up with NCL. No problem...we will try to request an upgrade but we know that the best part of cruising Alaska is the view...and we don't have one. Is it really that bad to be in an inside cabin? Other than sleeping, showering and the occasional tv watching or reading, we don't plan on making the cabin our home, we would rather spend time in ports of call and on decks exploring around. Will we still have a good time? I mean, even when we are outside of Sawyer Glacier and stuff, we plan on going on the decks for viewing and pictures.
Thanks!

We have spent lots of money of large balconies before... and my husband has taken 90% of our photos from the pool deck anyway. We are starting to cruise a lot more often now, before we have kiddies, so we are willing to take an inside room to do this. We still get our inside rooms on the top decks because they are quieter.

On two cruises I've had an outside stateroom..... By the time I put cushions, extra pillows, and clothes pins on the curtains to get the room dark enough to sleep, I didn't open the window much needless to say.

The inside staterooms are dark... as in can't see your hand in front of your face, so I'd bring a nightlight.

You'll have a great time no matter if it's inside or outside, because it's still a cruise ship!

Have fun!

[quote name='StephenJohnson']Just did an inside on the Sun Princess, it was fine.

You'll only use your rooms to sleep, wash, change and occasionaly veg out. Have fun![/QUOTE]

We always book insides, ALWAYS, we spend the extra $1000 we save on a second cruise.

And a not often discussed benefit, when you pay a forture for a balcony someone is always smoking, listening to music or talking loudly next to you or the shouldn't be nude are...

We don't have any of that.

One downside--we once missed Cabo San Lucas. Forgot to set the alarm, woke up when we heard the anchor, unfortunately they were bringing it up and the ship was leaving.....oh well, it was a short port call anyway!

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Alaska, and we had an inside room. We did not miss a thing! If we wanted to see what was going on outside, we just turned the deckcam on the TV, checked the temperature and weather forcast, dressed appropriately and went on deck or to one of the many public rooms with windows. We also were able to sleep well since the room is very dark. Sunrise was around 3:30 some mornings and sunset around 10:00, and it never gets really dark. With so much to do, you are hardly in your cabin- and like one of the previous posts- save your money to take another cruise!

We added it up, on a recent sailing, we spent less than an hour the WHOLE week looking out our window (which we got for free), and mostly that was just so we could see how to dress.

• 2 weeks later...
We've had an inside and a minisuite. I'll never have an inside again. If you have an inside, yes, you will spend less time in your room because [COLOR=Red]YOU GET TIRED OF LOOKING AT THE WALLS.[/COLOR]
We found that we spent quite a bit of time on our balcony when we had the minisuite. I don't like elbowing people and if I want to get a beverage out of the refrigerator or I need to use the restroom.....right there....no walking forever or returning back to the room to get it.
I'd rather cruise less to have a balcony. BTW, srphnx, you wouldn't want to be next to my balcony, my husband smokes :eek:

I know that you will have a wonderful time on your cruise and many people do not mind inside rooms whatsoever... But there are those of us who would spend the extra $$$ to have the outside balcony since sometimes I just want to look at the views without having a ton of people around...and I'd rather smoke on my balcony than out on the smoking part of the ship because people still will say stuff and it is my vacation too and I'd rather not hear it ;). I grew up in Vermont and there are times like now when the sunrise is coming over the mountains at 3:30 and it is light outside...I love it. So it all goes to show that it is just personal preference. I really wish I could do an inside to save money!...but I can't because I'm just spoiled and I work all day in an office building with no windows....I never know if it will be sunny and warm or rainy and cold when I walk out :)

Don't sweat it. We spent most of the time on the upper deck watching the wildlife,etc. and spent very little time during the day in the cabin. You will have a great time regardless of where your cabin is located.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived