4-Night Monarch Review (really long)

Thanks so much for the great info :)

I have one more question, where do we check in for the suites? Do we just tell someone when we get to the port and they'll direct us? This will be our 1st suite on RCCL, and only our 2nd cruise with them.

Thanks!

We were directed to the room, after we completed the check-in process. If no one points you to it, it's really easy. After check-in, you have to go down a hall, to get to the waiting area. As you enter the room, you'll see a sign, to your left, indicating: Platinum, Diamond & Suites. Usually, Danney League (or whomever is the Loyalty Ambassador, if Danney is on vacation) will be standing there to greet you. Someone will look at your SeaPass card, too. One thing to keep in mind is, if you board late, the room will probably be empty. The idea of the lounge is to give a special place to wait until passengers are allowed to board. And, the people in the Lounge get to board first! :D Have fun!

Great- thanks!

I'd like to get there early and have time to meet & talk to people while we wait.

Sounds like we'll have a great time.

Thanks, again, for your help :)

Jennifer

We were directed to the room, after we completed the check-in process. If no one points you to it, it's really easy. After check-in, you have to go down a hall, to get to the waiting area. As you enter the room, you'll see a sign, to your left, indicating: Platinum, Diamond & Suites. Usually, Danney League (or whomever is the Loyalty Ambassador, if Danney is on vacation) will be standing there to greet you. Someone will look at your SeaPass card, too. One thing to keep in mind is, if you board late, the room will probably be empty. The idea of the lounge is to give a special place to wait until passengers are allowed to board. And, the people in the Lounge get to board first! :D Have fun!

When we sailed on the Monarch last January we had a JS. That was only our second sailing on RCI. I went up to the Platinum/Diamond/Suite guy and he said that waiting room was ONLY for Platinum/Diamond members and our JS meant nothing, so we had to wait with the masses. What gives?

We are sailing on RCI in September and that will put us to the Platinum level. Then, again on the Monarch in January ...

~dianne

And I have pictures of Skippy in a VERY REVEALING little outfit from the crew talent show that passengers NEVER get to see!!!:eek: :eek:

I'm hoping I can use them for blackmail to get a FREE cruise!:rolleyes:

So while I'd love to say they are available to the highest bidder....what I REALLY mean is they are available to the first person who can get me a balcony cabin on ANY cruise! LOL:D :p

Hi SakeDad,

I was on your cruise. How is Mom? Also, I read that you wrote a review but I can't find it. Anyway, I'm now planning my Nov. cruise on the Navigator.

LaVonna

My Monarch cruise, last December, was the one that put me over to Platinum, so I was still gold. However, we were in a JS. We were directed to the priority embarkation lounge. I think Dianne got a bum steer. I recommend that you seek out the Loyalty Ambassador (hopefully, it will be Danney, because he's fabulous) and ask for their assistance. Sorry Dianne. :(

• 1 year later...

Archived