Vancouver Info if needed

If staying at the Pan Pacific, which station do you go to in order to get to the airport? We would be walking with one piece of wheeled luggage plus two small rolling carry-on bags (that fit onto each other and roll as one). It would be on a Saturday, if that matters.

If staying at the Pan Pacific, which station do you go to in order to get to the airport? We would be walking with one piece of wheeled luggage plus two small rolling carry-on bags (that fit onto each other and roll as one). It would be on a Saturday, if that matters.

You will want to go to Waterfront Station. From the hotel to the Canada Line platform is about a 3 block walk. You should not have a problem with luggage as long as you can handle it all yourself. This map of transit's will give you some idea of the relative location of the two.

http://www.translink.ca/~/media/documents/schedules_and_maps/stn_exch/waterfront.ashx

Putterdude has provided good information. When you get to the platform, make sure you catch the YVR train as every other train that leaves the station heads into central Richmond. On a Saturday, the train should be relatively quiet.

The "BURRARD" station is on the EXPO & MILLENIUM lines, not the line which goes to the airport which is called the CANADA LINE. However, the Vancouver City Centre station (which is on the Canada Line) is only a couple of blocks from there. Where are you staying?

Hi Scottbee, we have reservations at The Sutton, they had a great deal for $44 to add early check in and late check out which works perfect coming off a cruise ship and us not having our flight home until 6pm. Looks nice and in a great location.

Hi Scottbee, we have reservations at The Sutton, they had a great deal for $44 to add early check in and late check out which works perfect coming off a cruise ship and us not having our flight home until 6pm. Looks nice and in a great location.

It's a great downtown location; I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The Sutton Place is a terrific hotel. The film "Bird on a Wire" was shot at the hotel and Goldie Hawn used to stay there when in Vancouver. However in recent years she bought a house in Vancouver so that is no longer the case. To get to the Vancouver Centre Station of the Canada Line you come out of the hotel, turn left and walk 1.5 blocks north on Robson St., turn right on Robson St. and walk 3 blocks to Granville St then turn left at it is a short block to the station. The walk is all level. Enjoy your stay in our city.:)

We are cruising Beijing to Vancouver in May, arriving early Saturday morning 5/25 on Diamond Princess, which I think docks near Canada Place. Staying at Times Square Suites near Stanley Park. Is it reasonable to walk from the pier to the hotel? We are in good shape and will each have a carry-on size rolling bag and small backpack. Alao looking for restaurant recommendations for Saturday evening.

It's a safe walk of about 15 blocks, a bit down hill so if you are in for it go for it. Here is a map link link

Dinner....here are a couple. Simple fare try the White Spot at Georgia and Cardero. A bit of a walk try the Boathouse at Denman & Beach or the Cactus Club across the Street. A litte closer would be Cardero's or the Lift.

Edited by Putterdude

• 2 weeks later...
Hi we are coming off Princess Sapphire on May 18 and flying out on the 19th any ideas for a hotel. I have been to Vancouver before .THANKS

That's a pretty broad question as there are any number of hotels in downtown Vancouver at various price levels.

The good news is that Vancouver's downtown is quite compact so all of the downtown hotels are pretty much within a mile of Canada Place. However' date=' here is a list of many 3*+ hotels that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)[/size']

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Tower at the Terminal City Club

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

There are a few hotels missing from the list but it's a pretty fair starting point. With this list I would be looking on something like Hotwire or Priceline.

I need a little help with the last piece of our cruise. We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Miracle next month. We have reservations at the Accent Inn Airport location and flying out the next morning. Does anyone know anything good or bad about this hotel ? They say they have a free shuttle to the airport. Since we are arriving by ship, I need to figure out the best and most economical way to get to the hotel from the cruise port. I guess the worst case is make our way to the airport and then call them to pick us up there. Any suggestions and approx what is the shuttle/taxi cost from the cruise port to the airport ? Thanks.

I need a little help with the last piece of our cruise. We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Miracle next month. We have reservations at the Accent Inn Airport location and flying out the next morning. Does anyone know anything good or bad about this hotel ? They say they have a free shuttle to the airport. Since we are arriving by ship, I need to figure out the best and most economical way to get to the hotel from the cruise port. I guess the worst case is make our way to the airport and then call them to pick us up there. Any suggestions and approx what is the shuttle/taxi cost from the cruise port to the airport ? Thanks.

If you can manage your luggage for a couple of blocks, I would recommend taking the Canada Line to the airport. The ride is about 25 minutes and takes you right to the terminal. The taxi from Canada Place to the hotel and/or airport would run about $35 give or take.

We gave a week long Disney cruise leaving out of Vancouver the first week in July. I am in need of long term parking for the week. Not apposed to spending the night in a decent hotel if they would allow me to keep the car there for the week. Or staying a ways away dropping the wife and kids off and then taking the car back to park it for the week.

I see that I can part right at the terminal, looks like it is about $180+ for the week.

Any suggestions on parking?

My suggestions would be:

The Best Western-Downtown on Drake St.

The Hampton Inn & Suites on Robson St.

The Coast Plaza Hotel at Comox and Denman....a bit out of the swing of things

The Executive Hotel Vintage Park

and you could inquire at the Georgian Court

I work for another midscale hotel in the downtown market and I would have no problem recommending the Accent Inn. Good solid hotel brand locally here.

To get to the port from Richmond have the Accent shuttle drop you at the Canada Line by River Rock for a 29 min trip to Canada Place

We gave a week long Disney cruise leaving out of Vancouver the first week in July. I am in need of long term parking for the week. Not apposed to spending the night in a decent hotel if they would allow me to keep the car there for the week. Or staying a ways away dropping the wife and kids off and then taking the car back to park it for the week.

I see that I can part right at the terminal, looks like it is about $180+ for the week.

Parking downtown is expensive and a serious premium. Best option is to utilize the airport long term parking. There is always a coupon on the YVR dot com website. Then take the Canada Line from the airport to Waterfront Station and Canada Place Cruise Terminal. All for likely less than $120

As a previous poster mentioned, you can use the long-term lot at YVR (now called jetSet Parking. It currently shows as $102/week including taxes. Check for promotions and coupons on the site. You should also get a decrease on the HST if traveling after April 1.

Looking to help my DD and fiance find a clean hotel in Downtown Vancouver for their pre-cruise honeymoon stay in Vancouver. If possible they would like to stay under $130. Are they dreaming? I am encouraging them to try Priceline, but they would like to have something in place in case Priceline doesn't come through for them. Thanks! They are looking at early June.

As a previous poster mentioned, you can use the long-term lot at YVR (now called jetSet Parking. It currently shows as $102/week including taxes. Check for promotions and coupons on the site. You should also get a decrease on the HST if traveling after April 1.

The Coast Plaza has had a park and stay deal for years (and shuttle to Canada Place cruise terminal): http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/packages_and_specials/cruise

Edited by scottbee

Looking to help my DD and fiance find a clean hotel in Downtown Vancouver for their pre-cruise honeymoon stay in Vancouver. If possible they would like to stay under $130. Are they dreaming? I am encouraging them to try Priceline, but they would like to have something in place in case Priceline doesn't come through for them. Thanks! They are looking at early June.

If it's a weekend, then dreaming seems likely... if they're looking outside downtown there are options (e.g. Lonsdale Quay hotel for $125 on Sat 8th June, conveniently near the Seabus in North Van - but taxes will add almost $25 to that price) - but even if it's a weeknight, if they want under $130 including tax then it's Priceline/Hotwire, a luckily-timed Groupon or similar, something out near the airport or a motel in North Van.

Just a thought - why not ask DD to add hotel vouchers to their wedding list so they can treat themselves to a nice hotel? I have friends who've done this and it worked really well - instead of the regular thank you cards, they sent postcards from the hotels that people had paid for so both giver and receiver had a nice memory instead of another gravy boat!