?s about 12 days on Millie

kingsrx

We are leaving 6-7-06 out of barcelona on Mille.

Any idea what nights are Formal, Informal and Casual. We are sailing with my large family and want to plan some on my own time but I need to know which formal nights I should be with them.

Also never having sailed on Celebrity much less Millie what should I expect?

Anything I should check out?

Thanks!:)

My guess would be Day 2 (June 8), Day 7 (June 13) and Day 10 (June 16). You probably won't know officially until you board. They almost alway have the Formal nights on at sea days, so you have the whole day to primp, be massaged and have ones hair done.

Jim

The itinerary has changed since last year, so formal nights may have as well. (There were only two sea days last year and this meant having a formal night on our "Florence Day", and then on the two sea days. This year there are three sea days and my guess would be the same as Jim's above).

Hopefully someone from the May 14th cruise will let you know.

Our first Celebrity cruise was last year on Millennium (Mediterranean). All previous sailings had been on HAL and we wondered how they would compare. We absolutely loved the Milliennium. And if you've never been to the Mediterranean that just adds to the experience. If you want a change of scenery from the formal dining room, we utilitzed the casual dining in the Ocean Grill on most evenings (only ate in the formal d/r once). They set up a corner of the area with table linens and silverware and offer a smaller selection menu with table service. We really enjoyed it...you could reserve whatever time you wanted and everyone had a great view of the sunsets. It was very quiet and never more than 15-20 tables occupied. A few nights they offered the buffet during the dinner hours and one evening was a Greek buffet by the pool.

I posted this review after our cruise last year (under the user name Putz)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230361

You'll have a great trip and won't be disappointed with Millennium.

Lynn

So they have an area up in the grill that is set aside for more personal dining than a buffet but less formal than the dining room? That would be lovely! That is exactly what DH and I would want for sometime to ourselves. We would love to see the sunset, we are rather laidback so a beautiful sunset with a nice dinner would be great.

If you want to escape the formality of the dining room....yes, you'll like it. It really is a nice option for those who don't want to dress up each evening. DH and I aren't big eaters and hate drawn out dinners so it was nice to have somewhere where you could dress elegantly casual and still have table service. It wasn't offered the evenings we left port late because then they just offered the buffet...which was fine with us as well. They suggest a $2 tip per person...we left $5. You're supposed to make a reservation, so we just called each morning before setting out for the day and always made ours for 7:30.

Have a great trip....you'll love Millennium and the Med.

Lynn

Archived