• Mexican Riviera
    • Caribbean (South, East or West)
    • Mediterranean
    • South Pacific
    • Asia
    • British Isles/Western Europe
    • Canada/New England
    • Other

We love the Caribbean and nine of our eleven cruises have been there. One Mexican Riviera cruise was enough to say been there done that. Alaska, on the other hand, is worth repeating--especially in July or August when the temps around here are 90+ with the humidity about the same.

The main thing is being on a ship somewhereexclaimation.gif :) :)

• 1 month later...

Its funny to read the replies from those who have never cruised Alaska, attributing it to a desire to avoid "cold & ice"! HAL doesn't cruise to Nome, guys! :)

Juneau, Ketchikan, even Anchorage are (during cruise months) just as temperate as any "lower 48" city - more so than many. Now if you must lay on a beach, or must elbow with rude passengers off those OTHER ships in stores, or would absolutely miss being harrangued by Caribbean taxi drivers and "street merchants" then you problably wouldn't like Alaska.

That's fine with me, because its getting too crowded up there anyway :rolleyes:

Salty,

I know where you are. I crossed that bridge many times when is was a just a nickle, especially before the Betsy was buildt. I lived in the Kensington/Port Richmond area. I live in the Atlanta area now and sure do miss Philly. Next time I am up there I will take you up on your offer!

So far, the only ones we've done are Mediterranean, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and I've done Alaska. In December we do the Panama Canal. I voted for Mexican Riviera and Caribbean because they are warm and sunny and I can actually get in the water without turning blue.

I like port-intensive itineraries and hope we can do a Hawaii cruise someday, but I think I would fly to Honolulu and get on the ship there.

I would love to see the South Pacific islands, have seen some beautiful photos of peoples' cruises there. It looks gorgeous, and that would probably be my next dream cruise. It just takes so long to get there...!

Mary Ellen

We have only been to the Eastern and Western Caribbean and Alaska (twice). Alaska, by far, was our favourite. We are scenery "freaks" and almost overdosed on the most amazing scenery we had ever seen. The bald eagles, orcas, whales, porpoises, etc. - incredible. Glaciers calving, nature talks, everything was perfect. Going the second time didn't decrease our enthusiasm one bit. We are definitely going to do this one again.

Cheers, Elizabeth

I don't think I have ever sailed an itinerary that I didn't like. In the past five years or so I have picked the ship I wanted and let the ship be my destination. I love cruising in Europe and the British Isles and wish that I had the $$$ and the time to cruise over and back every year.

We're booked for the 35 day Maasdam for next July and are very excited. It's a great time of year to get away from hot, humid and rainy Florida and the ports are very interesting.

One of my favorite cruises was on Rotterdam from Barcelona to Venice. Wonderful ship and great ports of call. Which equates to a large VISA Bill.

In 1992, a group of 13 of us took a 12-day cruise up the Volga River in Russia, aboard the "RUSS". The scenery was beautiful and the Russian people could not have been friendlier.

We are planning on going back and this time, fly in into St. Petersburg and then take a short cruise down the Volga River to Moscow and then take the Trans Siberian Railroad to Vladistock.

Tom

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]The ports are nearly all the same - hot, same type of shopping, same kind of tours, and after all tequila is tequila.[/color][/font]

:D[/QUOTE]
I don't think so at all. I think the ports are more interesting than the Caribbean.

Archived