Carnival didnt honor past guest offer

Once again..Me and my fellow "sub 50 posters" appreciate your continued support... Can't wait till I get to the 8000 plus poster club..Yall are way better than us lowly new Posters..We will do better Sir!!:rolleyes:

Yes, And I also see that your posts are pretty helpful. Example? "you sound like a suck up, I can't stand people like you at work..."

Nice;)

Duck how dare you act the way you do. All grown up and knowledgable. What's wrong with you? You need to get down off that high posting horse and waddle among the rest of us!!!:eek: :D The fact that you actually have something worth knowing to share offends me!!! I also don't like the fact that you correct people when they are wrong. Why can't you just let them go about their lives with wrong information and stupid ideas?

kiss kiss Duck!!;)

You shouldn't have gotten anything. Vicky Freed's assistant got you a bottle of champagne and strawberries to get you off the phone, not because you deserved it. And on top of that, you're still complaining. Maybe that's why people are hammering you and being "rude."

i have had that happen as well.... with the reason "those rates are sold out"... ?????? whatever! i still cruise with them.. its always a guaranteed great time for us.

That's right.. pricing ops will close out decks from certain promotions once they've sold a certain amount, based on days till sailing, etc. The PVP or res agent isn't lying to you. They don't get extra bonus for putting you on a lower deck, they don't care. They can only book you in what's available.

:) The reason for the post was not just to grip I wanted to know it was common. Yes I admitt that I didnt read that fine print and its my fault and alot of you are saying that there are only so many past guest offers to honor but I booked my cruise in may of last year so I think my offer should have be honored.I didnt know it was no honor untill i rec my docs so that is why I was a bit upset but now that the cruise is less then 10 days away not much I can do.When I called carnival I felt like that just wanted to shut me up. Once again Im sorry about the double post none of you have told me how to delete it.You guys should try to help out of new folks not to gang up on are faults so MAYBE ONE DAY BE PROS JUST LIKE YALL:D

.......Once again Im sorry about the double post none of you have told me how to delete it.You guys should try to help out of new folks not to gang up on are faults so MAYBE ONE DAY BE PROS JUST LIKE YALL:D
Unlike some message boards CC does not have the option for you to delete a thread (or post) that you started. You could contact one of the moderators and ask them to delete a thread that was accidentally posted twice.

I have found most double posts happen because the board seems to lock up after you hit Submit Reply, and thinking that their message (or thread) wasn't posted, members enter it again. If you're patient, or exit and then restart CC and hit refresh you'll often see that your message or thread was accepted.

HTH

John

:) The reason for the post was not just to grip I wanted to know it was common. Yes I admitt that I didnt read that fine print and its my fault and alot of you are saying that there are only so many past guest offers to honor but I booked my cruise in may of last year so I think my offer should have be honored.I didnt know it was no honor untill i rec my docs so that is why I was a bit upset but now that the cruise is less then 10 days away not much I can do.When I called carnival I felt like that just wanted to shut me up. Once again Im sorry about the double post none of you have told me how to delete it.You guys should try to help out of new folks not to gang up on are faults so MAYBE ONE DAY BE PROS JUST LIKE YALL:D

Nobody told you how to delete a thread, because you can't delete a thread. Only a host can do that. If you want something removed, you can email one of the hosts.

Are you saying that when you booked, you were told that you were getting the past guest discount, but you just recently found out you didn't get it?? You said you didn't know you didn't get it until you got your docs? So they told you that you would get it??? Not all cruises have a past guest discount... the majority don't. So if you booked during a time it was being offered, and it was not applied, you would know when you got your confirmation. I think I'm confused.

Thanks for the help on getting post delete next time I will :) This is the first time I ever booked with a TA(my last) I told he at the time of booking that i was a past guest and that I recieved an offer and she said no problem I told her that I wanted the upper deck and she told me to pay the price of the upper deck then if the upgrade was granted that they will crdt the difference.So since i recieved the offer I didnt think that it was going to be a problem untill I rec my docs.SO when I asked My TA she said that due to Katrina they had to many people rebook they were unable to honor PG specials SO i took matters in my own hands contact Carnival and they said that couldnt offer it b/c she soldout but im may of 2005 I dont think it was sold out???

200605200000_14.gif

*********************************************all_inclusive_resorts/]Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts[/url]

Cruising and chatting about cruising should be fun. I am embarrassed for some you that post. I come to this site daily to read up about cruising and increase my excitement about my upcoming cruise. BUT I AM SO SICK OF READING & SEEING THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING MEAN TO OTHER POSTERS.

What gives people the right to be rude to others on this board. People should be able to come here and post what they want as many times as they want. IT IS JUST CRUISE INFORMATION, NOT LIFE ALTERING INFO!!

I am sure I will be blasted after posting this, but I really don't care. I am sure that there are MANY others that agree with me and are to scared to say anything. And like me as they read the negativity portrayed here they shake there heads and laugh at how stupid some people act.:) :)

Thanks for the help on getting post delete next time I will :) This is the first time I ever booked with a TA(my last) I told he at the time of booking that i was a past guest and that I recieved an offer and she said no problem I told her that I wanted the upper deck and she told me to pay the price of the upper deck then if the upgrade was granted that they will crdt the difference.So since i recieved the offer I didnt think that it was going to be a problem untill I rec my docs.SO when I asked My TA she said that due to Katrina they had to many people rebook they were unable to honor PG specials SO i took matters in my own hands contact Carnival and they said that couldnt offer it b/c she soldout but im may of 2005 I dont think it was sold out???

200605200000_14.gif

*********************************************all_inclusive_resorts/]Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts[/url]

You really should consider yourself lucky that Carnival talked to you at all!! Generally they won't talk to anyone booked with a TA. It sounds like you need a new TA!! LOL! Sorry, but to tell you "if the upgrade was granted"??? That is a crock... there is no such thing as granting an upgrade. Your TA is just full of it... you really need to take all of this up with your TA... Carnival didn't do anything wrong, your TA is just clueless. I'm sorry this happened. Next time, just book direct or with a respected TA (one referred to you, etc). Ask about any specials, sales, resident discounts, etc... there should be no confusion, and no "granting", LOL!

Good luck!!!!

Also, you can add your countdown ticker to your signature so you don't have to put it in every time. Go up top, on the left, to User CP, and you can just paste it into your signature!! Any trouble, there is a "HELP" forum here as well! Good luck!

Archived