Prices lowering - money back for 3 in a room?

Ok, when you go above 2 people in a room typically the price for the first two goes up a little and the third is much cheaper.

If this stateroom category, let's say K, goes down - can you argue for a lowered rate for the 3 person group who technically paid more to begin with? Has anyone else done this?

JC

Either *I* am confused, *you* are confused, or we BOTH are.

The price for passenger #1 and passenger #2 in the cabin is the same whether or not there is a 3rd passenger in the cabin with them.

If there is a price drop on your cabin, on any of the passengers, you are entitled to it.

Well if you use RC's site to try the cruise I'm on looking for a room for two let's say the price for one category is $714. If you then run the same search for three in the room the price for the first two is $739. The third person is $179.

JC

Well if you use RC's site to try the cruise I'm on looking for a room for two let's say the price for one category is $714. If you then run the same search for three in the room the price for the first two is $739. The third person is $179.

JC

That is because when you search for two you are given the price for a cabin that hold only two.

When you search adding the third, you' re in a diffferent catagory, cabin catagory that will accommodate three.. the cabin is diff, and the price is different. hope that helps... and if the price changes you will almost always get the diff refunded back to you.

HHMMM.....I picked a random cruise. I searched for a JS. Got the same price for passengers 1 & 2 on both the "cabin for 2" and "cabin for 3" search. The "cabin for 3" JS search just added the 3rd passenger fare.

HHMMM.....I picked a random cruise. I searched for a JS. Got the same price for passengers 1 & 2 on both the "cabin for 2" and "cabin for 3" search. The "cabin for 3" JS search just added the 3rd passenger fare.

A lot of times the basic rooms that hold 2 do not hold 3..so when you search for 3 the category goes up..For instance I looked for Med. cruise on Voyager..when I checked for 2 in a balcony room, it was $1699 each..but when I checked for 3 in a balcony room, the $1699 cannot accomodate all of us, so it bumped us up a category, $1739 each, plus the 3rd fare. This is not true on all ships of course and depends on if the lowest category is sold out and you must go up in categories.

They're definitely "reading" the same category from 2 people to 3 people in the search. I guess I'll wait and see if the price drop even happens first. I'm booked in Empress Sept 2-9 if that helps "show" anyone who wants to see what I'm looking at pricewise.

Thanks all.

JC

They're definitely "reading" the same category from 2 people to 3 people in the search. I guess I'll wait and see if the price drop even happens first. I'm booked in Empress Sept 2-9 if that helps "show" anyone who wants to see what I'm looking at pricewise.

Thanks all.

JC

I just printed the prices for that sailing for both 2 and 3 person cabins. The lowest catagory available for 3 people is catagory L inside cabin. The price for catagory L is $739 under both listings. When matching all the catagories that hold 3 people the prices are the same as the same catagory listed for 2 people.

Archived