Transporation from Airport to Cruise Ship?

stitch78

Our ship leaves out of Miami and our flight arrives in Fort. Lauderdale. We have plenty of time from landing time to when the boat leaves (11:30 AM to 4PM). Should we arrange transportation shuttle with our cruise line ($24/pp) or take a cab, or get a shuttle when we arrive at the airport?

Our ship leaves out of Miami and our flight arrives in Fort. Lauderdale. We have plenty of time from landing time to when the boat leaves (11:30 AM to 4PM). Should we arrange transportation shuttle with our cruise line ($24/pp) or take a cab, or get a shuttle when we arrive at the airport?

Is that $24pp RT or each way? It is a fairly long way from Fll to Miami (1/2 an hour). A cab ride would be about $25 each way.

Is that $24pp RT or each way? It is a fairly long way from Fll to Miami (1/2 an hour). A cab ride would be about $25 each way.

That's just one way.

A 1/2 hour cab ride is only $25? Is there somewhere I can get cab quotes online? I know around here 10 min woudl be like $15.

While I haven't done that particular trip personally, I seriously doubt a cab ride from FLL to MIA is $25. From MIA airport to the pier is about $25 and it's only 8 miles. You can take a shuttle, I would expect to pay at least $50 for a cab, or you could consider the tri-rail. www.tri-rail.com. Unfortunately that will only take you from the FLL airport to the MIA airport, but it's only $4 and kinda a fun way to see the area! From there you can grab a cab if you like.... depends on how adventurous you feel and how much luggage you bring! :D

• 1 month later...

I would only book transfers through the Cruise line. Same for excursions. If you book through the Cruise line, they know you're on your way and it's their responsibility to get you there. From Miami to Port is $24 per person round trip.

Stitch: there is so much information on how to get from FLL to MIA on just the first two pages listed here.

I suggest to read the first 2 pages. and get some ideas.

We have flown into FLL twice for cruises outside of Mia for a huge money saver.

We will not take the cruiselines shuttle. You have to wait til the bus gets full. Then arrive enroute with 80 plus other passengers that will all probably be in line in front of you.. :D

As far as traffic -- if you are stuck in traffic--more then likly so is the cruiselines shuttle..so if the ship is waiting for the shuttle-- they will wait for you.

There is a lot of options on how to get from FLL to Mia. and differnt strokes for different folks.

if the cruiselines is charging 24pp one way-- im sure you can find a car service to do the same for the 50 bucks it will cost you

Archived