Choosing Infinity cabin

cinnamon

We are hoping to book a cruise on Infinity for June next year to Alaska. Does anyone have experience of which are the best cabins in grade 2c and in CC class? I know that some of the balconies are bigger than others.

Is the difference for CC grade worth it?

Do the aft cabins on the Penthouse deck have much bigger balconies?

Is it best to avoid deck 9 with the overhang and noise from the pool deck?

Which grade 2c have the biggest balcony?

All help much appreciated.

Thanks, Cinnamon.

Do the aft cabins on the Penthouse deck have much bigger balconies?

The aft cabins on Penthouse deck are the two penthouses themselves ... they typicall run about $15,000 each per 7-day cruise.:)

To answer some of your other queries - yes, I would avoid deck 9 for the reasons you mention; the 2C cabins with the biggest balconies are 6016 to 6035; the best balconies in concierge-class are the aft-facing balconies on decks 7, 8 & 9; and, IMHO, CC is worth it . . . :cool:

We have been in three aft cabins on Infinity and we have loved all of them. Including the two times we did aft on deck nine. There is no overhang and the noise was next to nothing. I have no clue why people say it is too noisy. Once in a great while we could hear them moving chairs around if we were sitting on the verandah at 6:00 am. Not something we did often.

The biggest problem with the aft cabins is that they book up so fast. We will almost choose a cruise just to get one. The verandahs are big enough to play football on.

And we love CC. Wouldn't sail any other way. From the pillow menu to the early tender tickets we use every little thing they offer in CC and think it is well worth the money.

As to the size of the verandahs in other cabin classes, other than aft cabins there are no major differences in verandah size other than the two cabins at the jut out (8046 is a good example and we have been in it) and a few CC cabins that are mixed in with suites on the Penthouse deck.

Enjoy Infinity. You will love her no matter where your cabin is but you will love her even more if you are aft. And don't be afraid of the deck 9 cabins.

I love hearing how people enjoy their afts!! I have an aft on deck 8 (Infinity) for a Panama Transit sailing :D :D :D :D

I can't WAIT!!!!

(BTW...I booked this 16 months in advance :eek: )

Hey DrKoob, we're booked in 8170 (aft) on the Connie for next Feb. 19th, but we were looking at 8046, looks nice, but, what size is the balcony and can you see forward from it, or just when you're standing in the left front corner? Thanks. We always travel in afts, but thought maybe we'd like to try something different.

Has anyone stayed in 7177?

It appears to have a little bigger balcony?

thanks for any info.

We had a similar cabin on Summit a few years ago. Yes, the balconies are twice the size of the standard and well worth getting.

Thanks for your help everyone, we have booked 8170, CC aft balcony for our Alaska 2007 cruise.

Sailed the Infinity Eastern Caribbean just this past February and enjoyed one of the larger balconies in the 2B class, cabin #7173. The balcony was certainly deeper than most, and much longer and deeper than at least one of the CC cabins on the 8th floor(#8013)that was occupied by our friends.

We had the cabin Steward bring 2 lounge chairs down from the deck, and we still kept the 2 straight chairs and table that were originally on the balcony. This balcony was half covered.

We wished we could have had this balcony and sailed on the Infinity to Alaska, but we made our ressies with Princess even prior to planning last February's sail. We will console oueselves with an end bumpout mini-suiteon the Island Princess, but I will be surprised if it is as nice as #7173 on the Infinity.

Sailed the Infinity Eastern Caribbean just this past February and enjoyed one of the larger balconies in the 2B class, cabin #7173. The balcony was certainly deeper than most, and much longer and deeper than at least one of the CC cabins on the 8th floor(#8013)that was occupied by our friends.

Do you have any pictures posted of this stateroom that show the balcony?

Actually, the pictures don't need to be from your own posting. Does anyone have some pictures that show this cabin or any twin of this cabin?

Archived