Aft help please....

:) how are the corner afts on deck 8. i currently have 8710 but 8410 is also open. will i be able to look straigt down to the water? can people see into our balcony?are there any obstructions?This will be our first cruise with a balcony... thanks

there are still a lot of rooms avaible on the sides of the ship. is it worth swtiching to..E1 catagory

I would not switch, but that is personal preference. The only corner aft I would not take on Voyager/Freedom class ships are the ones on deck 6. Above that on the corner aft, you have a nice view off of the sides too. The largest of the corner aft balconies are the ones on deck 7...Which is what we got. They have a porthole window looking out the side as well. Anything deck 7 and above you will still have a great view and a larger balcony. If you can get 7408 or 7708, I would grab it, otherwise, stay where you are. You will like it. Have fun, and check out the album of Voyager class balconies. That will give you and idea of what to expect.

I think your rooms will be terrific. Your deck will have much more space on the aft end and you certainly can look out to the ocean, you just can't fall overboard looking straight down into the water...You just have to decide what the priority is...a quiet part of the ship with a much larger deck that looks out into the sunshine...yes you will have some parts of the ship to look past...not too bad though...I would not switch to a regular room on the side of the ship over getting an aft...but if you just want to look directly down at the water then that would be the choice, giving up a larger deck, quieter space and a much more expansive view in general, looking past perhaps a pole...

Scour around for photos...there are some really good ones available on this site.

Good luck and be sure you are sure as others will scoop up those rooms really quickly.

ajc

Im sorry, I knows its on dec 8 next to 8410 but I was trying to figure out formt eh pictures what cabin that was...its a tweener...between the aft corener and one of the suites...based upon could someone point me to the general direction of the cabin...

I switched my room to the 6th floor aft corner after seeing the pictures that were released. It looks like the balconies above don't extend further. I'm sure I will be tempted to venture beyond our balcony to the extended deck. I have never had an aft room. Am I wrong about the 6th floor? I saw what I considered a negative post about this room. Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I noticed regarding the Freedom aft cabins is that the Windjammer extends over the top of Decks 9 & 10. If you think that these decks are better because you'll get more sun, I don't think you'll find this to be true. From the pictures I've seen it looks like the edge of the Winjammer is directlry above the curved structure between decks 9 & 10.

856658715_Aftsmall.jpg.ecb440f08658e32cf269fee58d5ed61b.jpg

Seeing this exact location on Friday when she was in Boston, IMO, the corner deck 8 cabins are the Premium cabins; little obstruction, with larger balcony. Deck 6 & 7 may have bigger balconies but the views are obstructed aft and you do have the huge Port hole on the side. I am booked in E1, #9704 and am happy. Deck 10 would have the smallest corner balcony and be very shaded by the Overhang from the Windjammer. Cabin space is 177 (E!) vs. (D1) 188 sf(?).

If a corner were available, I would grab it. Sometimes the rooms are larger too. No photo's yet from the Freedom of the inside of these cabins.

Whitesox fan, I agree that the overhang from the Windjammer will completely shade balconies on deck 10. However, deck 9 "may" be spared especially the corner cabins. It was pretty rainy on Friday but I am looking at my close-up photos and the lighting is much whiter on deck 9 than on deck 10. The corners actually wrap to the side with no obstruction thus allowing sunshine to highlight corner deck 8 & 9 balconies. Also deck 8 corners appear to be much wider towards the aft. Hard to describe in words.

Redsox Lover. I miss Nomar!

Nantravel

FitzLA, I took your advice and grabbed this cabin for our upcoming cruise May 6th, 2007. RCCL did state though upon booking that this particular cabin and the one directly next to it had a 20% obstruction noted, although could not elaborate as to what the obstruction was. On the other hand, RCCL stated this was a popular cabin in demand.

Maybe you could shed some light on this for me.

Many thanks!

"D"

Archived