price of massage in spa

Just wondering the price of a massage, I know it can be cheaper on some days..... My best friend and I are going all out on our next cruise, booked a suite and all and really want to pamper ourselves.....

Also does anyone know if there is a plug in next to the window in the class 12 suite, was thinking about maybe doing up somekind of lights around our window for decoration

Thanks in advance

Tina

Tina: the lights around the window might be taken down by the steward.

(thats why balcony lights are sometimes not working on some)

NAvigational lights and all-- it shows the other ships what way we are heading...etc.etc.

spa prices:

http://www.bergertravels.com/CarnivalSpaServicesPrices.html

The prices at the spa were really expensive the first day. The best deal was the last day, when we were at Half Moon Cay. They were offering massages in the beachside huts for $1/minute. They'd also called my stateroom the night before and offered me a discount on a massage on the ship for the same day, but I didn't bother.

Stay away from their "Ladies Night" promo. This was advertised as a mini facial, massage and hair treatment for $60. This is definitely a case of "If it seems to be too good to be true..." When I arrived there were 4 Ladies who were all booked for the same package. We were taken into the aerobic studio, and sat on the floor. Over the next 2 hours the "hostess" gave us a lesson in proper skin care using their products, and walked us back and forth to the shower so we could wash off the products after we gave ourselves a facial, and each other a massage. It was a real joke, but at the end she told us we could select $60 of product for free. There really wasn't anything that I wanted or needed, but I did pick out a bronzing power and a lip treatment cream. All in all though I thought it was a big waste of time.

If you really want to spoil yourselves, you may want to look into booking an appointment in a spa at one of your ports of call. I saw a really nice on in San Juan that I want to try on our next visit.

Serene: Thanks for the prices...and I kinda figured that about the lights... I always pay for the decorations but wanted to try something different maybe i will come up with something a little different :rolleyes:

Thanks Deb might try that massage at HMC as well

and Yes Stacy the prices all printed great Thanks!!

Decorate the mirror/vainty-- it makes the cabin festive. 32.00 for decorations seems awful high although they are nice-- I can decorate it for a lot less.

decorations for my doors//mirror even the bathroom goet a little.

The spa runs specials on port days. Days at sea are usually booked heavily enough that they don not need to offer discounts. On the port days, best to get back to ship early and plan a pre-dinner massage. Perfect!!

Who was offering the massages at Half Moon Cay? And are they in the shade?

The staff from the spa on board were doing the massages, and they were in little huts so yes it was shaded. Probably would have done it if I hadn't already spent the money on the Ladies Night fiasco. I did have a massage on the beach in Cuba last year, and it was fabulous!!!:D

My wife and I are doing our first cruise next month. May 30th was our 8th wedding anniversary and June 13th (departure date) is my birthday. Best of all, in-laws are taking our kids (5 and 18 months) so we get to do it ALL ALONE! :) It will mark the first time in almost 6 years that we have been without kids for more than a day. Strange yet exciting to think of!

We figured we would spoil ourselves so I booked a cat11 guaranty. We really don't care if we get upgraded with that but it would also be welcomed! :)

We're probably going to splurge and do some massages for 30 minutes a piece. Nothing like a little pampering.

Anyone recommend anything else really cool to do while on board? We're doing 4 days from NYC to Halifax.

THanks!

Fred

Hi Fred,

Have you thought about the "Happy Anniversary Decorations" from Carnival , they do cost $32...., but if you are thinking more along the line of romantic things of course to imho a bottle of wine on the balcony would be great

You could check Carnival's website for gifts for several different things to have delivery to your stateroom

Maybe I can think of some other things and come back, but I am sure you will get lots of ideas on here from lots of folks......Good Luck and ENJOY!!

Anyone recommend anything else really cool to do while on board? We're doing 4 days from NYC to Halifax.THanks!Fred

Discover the hot tubs located in the gyn/spa area. Males go in one entrance-females the other and you meet up in the tub . Its less crowded here and the water is warmer. The hot tubs a tad bigger and the biggie-- no kids under 16 allowed. Its very quiet. VERY relaxing.

I head here an hour before dinner...sit in the hot tub for about 20 minutes.. then hit the showers in the spa-- not only are the stalls bigger but there are 6 shower heads in every direction.. then I head to the cabin to get ready for dinner. Very nice-- relaxing and no rushing- I save a bunch of my money on no massages

Archived