Constellation 4/28 Transatlantic

Karynanne

Karynanne,

How was the aft balcony for wind during the crossing? I've booked 9160 on the Constellation for April 2007 thinking it might be a bit more protected than the side balcony I had on a crossing in 2005.

I may have lost my mind, but I'm taking my mother on her very first cruise as my retirement gift to her and not only is she worried about what to wear she is convinced that we will never be able to go outside for the 6 days!

Thanks for your help

Karynanne,

How was the aft balcony for wind during the crossing? I've booked 9160 on the Constellation for April 2007 thinking it might be a bit more protected than the side balcony I had on a crossing in 2005.

I may have lost my mind, but I'm taking my mother on her very first cruise as my retirement gift to her and not only is she worried about what to wear she is convinced that we will never be able to go outside for the 6 days!

Thanks for your help

Our cabin was on Deck 7. We found that there was little wind at the Aft. We did encounter an Atlantic storm, where we had rain and high swells, but once we passed through it, the seas were calmer, and the sun was shinning. Depending on your itinerary, and the time of year, you'll enjoy an Aft cabin. Enjoy!

Karyn

Karynanne,

Thanks for your help

denbev, Karyn is right about Deck 7. We were beside her. We've started a Roll Call for the 23 April 2007 crossing if you want to join us:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=349542

FWIW, Since this itinerary goes from Port Everglades in Florida directly to Cork Ireland, I doubt that we will see the activity Karyn and we experienced. We left from Bayonne NJ and took a more northern route to Europe.

Terry

Archived