The Majesty From Cabin 823

I have traveled around the world and been on many vacations and cruises - and it's hard for me to have a bad time on a cruise. Not only was the Majesty a dump they changed their course while en route and sent us to Freeport - ANOTHER DUMP!

Guess you are Motel 6 people - remember the light is on - I'm headed to Marriott and RCCL!:o :D

Not surprised you think Marriott is something special.

Seven weeks until we board the "Floating Dump". Well, I just can't wait! I'm just going to put my faith in people that have repeatedly sailed the Majesty. It seemed that it was going to cost as much to spend another vacation on the Cape and we had never been to Bermuda. :cool:

We are looking forward to our SIXTH cruise on the Majesty; we sailed last year and this ship was FAR from the "dump" you describe. We believe this ship has the best crew of any NCL ship; many of the crew members have been on this ship for many, many years, and have no desire to move to the newer, modern ships. I think this makes for a great working relationship among all the crew on this ship, they all work very well together, and truly enjoy their jobs. I can't tell you how incredible it is to go back on this ship and have many of the crew members actually remember us from the year before! Yes, she is smaller, and older, but well maintained. To each their own; we have cruised on the beautiful Dawn twice, but the Majesty still has a special place in our hearts. As long as she's sailing from Boston, we hope to have the opportunity to enjoy this great ship and the trip to Bermuda!

I hope you all have a good time in Bermuda - Bermuda is beautiful and very epensive so perhaps the ship is the best place to stay there. If I had not cruised on Celebrity, RCCL and even Carnival before I got on the Majesty I would have liked her better...Maybe she is better on a 7 day cruise - we did a 3 day. As for the person who felt like I wa "beating up her best friend" - I love the RCCL Explorer but when I read a negative review, big deal!

Maybe it's changed since our last cruise in October. Still we look forward to our May 28 cruise. I'm sure there will be as many repeat cruisers as there always has been.

I agree with you! I can't wait to go back for my sixth time in October. I love the Majesty and couldn't be happier with her. They have the nicest crew. My only complaint with the Majesty is...I wish they would change those nasty bedspreads. I take mine off on the first day and refuse to have it put back on. It is definitely time for something new. That said, I will be one of the saddest people when they retire her.

It's funny you mention the bedspreads. I just said to my husband the other day those bedspreads are nasty! Very rarely in the room so it's something I can easily live with. That said can't wait to see those nasty bedspreads in just 10 days!

Myself and my husband just loved the duvet covers! I want to buy one for this summer for my bed as it would be a nice light cover up. Ours were changed each day as we had room service each day and there was always something we spilled and when I checked back later in the day, there was always fresh sheets and a fresh duvet cover.

As I mentioned earlier, we too were on the 4/22 repo and had a fabulous time. I don't remember eating any canned food?:confused: Maybe, some of the fruit in the buffet was canned ie peaches? Anyway, we enjoyed the ship and its crew so much, we booked the 9/10 Boston to Bermuda cruise a couple of days ago. Can't wait to get back on board! :)

It's funny you mention the bedspreads. I just said to my husband the other day those bedspreads are nasty! Very rarely in the room so it's something I can easily live with. That said can't wait to see those nasty bedspreads in just 10 days!

Good for you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I can't wait till October. Even if I have to have one of those bedspreads...lol

RalphinSC

why would you make such a negative statement about me? "drag them down"

This is an interesting question. Ralph's statement was in response to your comment:

Guess you are Motel 6 people - remember the light is on - I'm headed to Marriott and RCCL!:o :D

which many people would consider offensive.

I can tell you right now...I habitually stay at the Ritz Carlton, and have found nothing wrong with the NCL ships I've cruised.

I am absolutely what people used to call a "yuppie", and I enjoy the finer things in life.

Being told what to wear, and when to eat, and with whom to eat, is not my idea of sophistication.

If RCCL relaxed its rules to make the vacation enjoyable, instead of a chore, I might be willing to give them a shot.

Until then, NCL provides a Hilton-level experience at a Holiday-inn price.

I can tell you right now...I habitually stay at the Ritz Carlton, and have found nothing wrong with the NCL ships I've cruised.

I am absolutely what people used to call a "yuppie", and I enjoy the finer things in life.

Being told what to wear, and when to eat, and with whom to eat, is not my idea of sophistication.

If RCCL relaxed its rules to make the vacation enjoyable, instead of a chore, I might be willing to give them a shot.

Until then, NCL provides a Hilton-level experience at a Holiday-inn price.

sjbdtz, you must be my long-lost twin, because I feel exactly as you've written above.

I've hosted big conferences at first-class resorts all over this hemisphere. My tuxedo is well-worn--from legitimate formal events, not make-believe black-tie dinners staged by mass-market cruise ships in vain attempts to somehow achieve a feeling of "sophistication" for their impressionable passengers. And I feel like an absolute fool when in the midst of a herd of passengers dressed as ordered by the cruise ship at the time specified by the cruise ship all mooing their way to the dining room to eat at their assigned troughs with their permanent troughmates.

We've cruised on two "traditional" cruise lines--HAL and Celebrity--and felt what otherwise would have been very nice vacations were dragged down by the inflexibility of dining arrangements--the where, when, with whom, and in- what-costume-must-we-dress-tonight regimen. We would be happy to cruise these other lines again, and likely will, when they wake up, abandon their silly rules and restrictions, and start treating their customers as if they're grown-ups on vacation, not kids at summer camp.

So, when some boor comes here and is so rude as to make the kind of analogy put forth by beachlady above, it just frosts me no end. Thank you for speaking up and putting her in her rightful place.

Thanks for those recent posts. Majesty Here We Come!

I've done my Motel 6 time. They do serve a purpose. When you're just out of college and need to share a cheap room with five others in El Paso for a pre-Christmas shopping trip to Juarez. Ahh those were the days. All the others were women. One is now my wife. Who knows what can happen at a Motel 6?

Still watching a budget, but not so cheap.

Archived