Kind of odd ?? about the staff

I wanted to know if the entire staff of a ship changes at the same time...

For example..I know our waiter was getting ready to take his 2 months off and then was going to the Victory (at least I think that's what he said) which is the ship we will be on at the same time as him! :p Would the whole staff go there as well??? Do the entertainers change ships too??

On the triumph last month, I was completely enamoured (sp?) by one of the dancers. I would love to know where he goes next...

Anybody know????? Thanks!

Specifically about the entertainers - I was on the Holiday four years in a row, and saw the same exact production shows - but each time, the two lead singers were different. I think they bounce around a lot.

As for the crew, I've seen the same cabin steward on different ships, and asked him about the change. He said 'some stay, some go'. So, I really didn't get a definitive answer.:D

The captain told me (this was years ago) that whenever HE changes ships, his officers go with him.

Cruise directors change quite often.

The crew members also have the option of extending their contracts. Our cabin steward on our recent Miracle cruise told me her original contract was for 6 moths but that she had extended hers by 2 months.

I know for a fact that the dining staff has contracts of 6 months, once there six months is up they are allowed vacation for a few weeks and if they choose to resign they are changed to a different ship when they return from their vacation. I am pretty sure that this is the same for the rest of the staff but all of the staff come and go at different times.

Not only do they all sign their contracts at different times but the length of each person's contract is for a different # of months. From what I understand, it all depends on what country the individual is from. For example, if one signs a contract and is from Canada, the contract is for 6 months but if the individual is from the Phillipines, they sign for 10 months etc. etc. They get 2 months off at the end of each contract and if they sign a new contract, they will placed on whichever ship there is a need for their services. They can request to go back to the same ship but only if there is a position open for whatever their job is on that ship. The entertainers are all signed as individuals so they come and go and it's not always the same performers as a group for each cruise.

I'm glad this question was asked and very knowledgeably answered. We have always been a tiny bit curious about how long they worked on a ship and how long they took off in between work runs.

Yep, four Holiday cruises - four different captains. One of them was on my Sensation cruise.

Have you ever done a New Years Eve Cruise on the Holiday?

I am contemplating the Dec. 28-Jan. 1 Holiday Cruise.

I loved my Celebration New Years cruise, but I have to be back

for work too early to do that one this year. I am sure that

Holiday would be a fun New Years Eve trip also!!

JB'

:rolleyes: I have wondered if the Captains get switched around or not. Cotton you answered that question for me, thanks.

I had the same Captain on Conquest & Miracle.

Same waiter on Inspiration & Conquest.

I wanted to know if the entire staff of a ship changes at the same time...

No, it would create chaos. You need to retain some who know the quirks and can explain them to the new crew members.

JaBee, I haven't done that time frame cruise... Funny you should ask, because my son said if I wanted to book that particular Holiday cruise, he'd give it to me as a Christmas present. I'm seriously thinking about it.:)

We had it odd that we kept changing ships and kept getting the same captain (Casula). We also sailed the same time each year for our anniversary, which coincided with his birthday. So on Captain's night, of course everyone would have to sing Hoppy Berseday in the lounge.

He also met a girl on our first cruise. Wouldn't you know, we were onboard for his wedding sailing.

We had it odd that we kept changing ships and kept getting the same captain (Casula). We also sailed the same time each year for our anniversary, which coincided with his birthday. So on Captain's night, of course everyone would have to sing Hoppy Berseday in the lounge.

He also met a girl on our first cruise. Wouldn't you know, we were onboard for his wedding sailing.

You should be old friends by now. I hope he has invited you to sit at his table for at least one of your cruises. After all, you are probably "one of his most repeat passengers". Co-incidences like that can't be too frequent, could it?

Archived