Poseidon! Who saw it? You Like? You hate?

M.S JAZO

What did you think of "Poseidon" The Movie?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of "Poseidon" The Movie?

• Loved it!
    • Hate it!
    • Ah, Could be better

Saw it in an IMAX theatre for added punch...and I loved it! Character development? In a disaster flick? Rent "Titantic" if you're craving that. Anyone who sets their expectations beyond an action-packed, special effects-laden bit of very fun fluff should see something else. Note to claustrophobics - beware! One of the scenes is without a doubt one of the most harrowing and claustrophobic I've ever seen on film. Forget the critics - see it and have fun!

Actually there is one academy award it should get.

A strapless black dress goes through the wave, vent, underwater for long periods of time, jumps into the ocean and never slips down or falls off !

Otherwise the movie can be Deep Sixed.

• 4 weeks later...

I did not go to this movie for the story or character development. The special effects is what this movie is all about, which is why I saw it on the IMAX Screen! I could totally see this happening in real life. The effects were quite realistic, except I think it would happen a lot faster than it did in the movie. It WAS frieghtening :eek: , and I loved it.

Went to see the movie last week. I thought it was great. What I don't understand is that the Captain was down in the dining room when the "rouge" wave hit the ship and he seemed to know what had caused the ship to capsize. He had no contact with the bridge (that we could see). My friend was very impressed with the movie, but is thinking that she might not go on a cruise if that is what is going to happen. I then explained that it doesn't happen in real life (I hope it never does).

For anyone who knows anything at all about ships and the sea, it was unintentionally one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time...

*spoilers follow*

Large glass windows that can hold back tons and tons of pressure, at least for a while...

Flash fires that don't consume all of the oxygen or fuel in confined spaces and leave the air perfectly breathable....

Bow thrusters that for some reason, have two propellors per thruster which spin in opposite directions.... and no bow thruster doors...

Bow thruster motors that don't overspeed/cutout when not immersed in water...and are powered by... err.. large waterproof batteries?

People who can survive immersion in very cold water for over an hour without even shivering...

Completely waterproof high voltage/power electrical systems throughout the ship....

However, the special effects were pretty good!

it was unintentionally one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time...

I have to agree with you on many levels. I had to stay focused on the special effects for the big screen and will watch it as a comedy when it comes out on DVD! I liked the deck plans that were right side up even though the ship was upside down, the titilating photography at times, and the inane dialogue! I stand behind the realistic special effects though.

I went to the movie to see a cruise ship, Kurt Russell and Josh Lucas. So I got what I wanted.

There was no plot. And I missed the first part of every disaster movie where you get to know the characters. (Folks who have not seen the movie, skip next sentence). I guess since everyone else dies, they saw no point in viewers bonding with them.

Special effects were OK. It's hard to appreciate a cruise ship when it's upside-down. However, Kurt Russell (yes, he has aged) and Josh Lucas were yummy!

Archived