fights from CLE to Anchorage

Marcys

I'm flying to Anchorage this summer to visit my sister (yeah, I know, it's not a cruise question, but I know you guys will know the answer). I went on expedia and couldn't find a flight with only one stop for less than $700. Who flies to Alaska? I'm leaving from Cleveland. Can be very flexible on dates. Any hints?

I'm flying to Anchorage this summer to visit my sister (yeah, I know, it's not a cruise question, but I know you guys will know the answer). I went on expedia and couldn't find a flight with only one stop for less than $700. Who flies to Alaska? I'm leaving from Cleveland. Can be very flexible on dates. Any hints?

There is a flight on Monday, June 26 for $551.00. Cleveland to Midway on

Continental, then change airports to O'Hare and fly United non-stop to ANC. Seats are limited (4 available on the ANC flight in the cheapest fare category).

Otherwise, mid August, flights almost all drop to $575 or less. United/AA combo have flights available on August 21 and 22 for $531.00.

If you need further help, you may email-greatam@earthlink.net. I do logistics planning for a living and have a couple of company paid airline databases not available to the general public.

Air fare this year has gone up A LOT. Don't expect it to get much cheaper. Lots and lots of people traveling and fuel is through the roof. You may also want to try Cheaptickets and Travelocity, flexible date search. The cheapest days to fly are generally M-T Stay away from Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Big tourist days to and from Alaska. Good luck!!!

greatam, thanks for that great info. I will definately e-mail you. Unfortunately, I can't make the dates you recommended as I am flying home from San Juan on June 25 from my Destiny cruise of the southern caribbean!! :D I'd like to fly somewhere between July 4 and August 13.

Archived