Best Buys for "ECCO of Denmark" shoes ?

My husband has a pair of "ECCO of Denmark" shoes that he loves. He is interested in purchasing more while we are cruising the Baltics this summer.

Couple of questions:

1. Is Copenhagen the port for the best prices?

2. If yes, what store(s) in Copenhagen has the best buys?

3. Or, is there another port where the prices are better?

Any suggestions or information would be appreciated! :)

I didn't compare prices in each port, but I found that the prices in a small village in Denmark (Helsingor) were the same as the prices on the Stroget in Copenhagen. I bought two pairs of Ecco shoes on the Stroget, and only one of the styles was available in the U.S. I did a search after I returned and found that after my tax-back refund, I saved $28 over the lowest price that I could get on the pair that was available in the U.S. The best price that I found in the States for Ecco was on the shoebuy.com site because they have sales prices, then 15% off on top of that during special events, then you get an extra 10% if you register and order another pair of shoes within 30 days if that makes sense. (During a recent sale on shoebuy.com, I ordered my first pair of shoes as a separate transaction at 15% off and then ordered all the others using the extra 10% off as a registered customer for a total savings of 25% off their sale prices.)

I hope that helps, and have a great trip,

Donna

I think it all depends what you are looking for. My experience last year was that sale prices in the US tend to be better than any price you can get in Denmark (where sales and discounts are rare). However, if you want to compare full-price to full-price, you can probably do a little better in Denmark. You might also find some styles that are not available in the US.

I can't answere as to prices in various cities/towns in Denmark, as we were only in Copenhagen. Things did seem expensive there, however.

Archived