First time with RCCL

My guess is you are asking if they come over the ship's intercom to make various announcements. Well the answer is yes, but it pertains to what you are thinking you want announced as to whether that is announced. Things like clearing the ship for disembarking at a port is announced. The captain does a noon time update. They announce other things, but not all events.

Just a note: unless you are right underneath a speaker, chances are you won't be able to hear it! If you're in your room, it's quite muffled. If you're at the pool--just forget it! They always seem to make announcements when the cruise director is playing some pool game!

Everything you need to know will be in the Compass--just read it!

I like to leave the speaker on in the cabin as a link to real time on the ship. We are always in aft cabins and we are a world away from the noise and the hub-bub of the ship.

I listened to the music played over the cabin speaker while we were out on Mariner, it was quite good, much better than the stuff on the TV. Announcements didn't bother me at all.

Archived