air deviation questions

Hi, I did not see details about air deviation on the RCI FAQ.

My situation is that I will be on Voyager's Transatlantic Barcelona to Miami on Nov 14. I have a reservation thru travelocity that includes air fare. When I booked it the web site could not quote air so I called Travelocity's 800 number and booked it thru an agent. At the time, we discussed doing an air deviation. the price quoted for 2 was about 75 each plus whatever the additional fare would be based on the change. In the past when I did an air deviation it was always the flat fee so this really scared me. Then the ta said I could do the air deviation at any time, I did not have to do it a booking. Also she suggested doing hotel thru the cruise that would include the air deviation and air fare change only it turned out for Barcelona it would be about $400 to do the hotel. So I didn't do the deviation at all.

So my questions are:

First when is the best time to do the air deviation?

Does the fare normally go up in addition to the air dev fee?

Should I call the ta back to work this out or call RCi directly?

Any extra info or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!!!!

I asked for an air deviation for our upcoming cruise. When I attempted to book the deviation which consisted of coming back two days after the cruise ended, I was told the extras charges would be about $400 each $1600 total for 4 people!!!! Obviously it is not really $400 more to take a flight two days later. I was mad I had not done my own air arrangements. I would have gotten better flights cheaper. As it is we decided not to do a deviation and will return directly after the cruise. We have three stops on our trip out with tight connections, even though there are two different airlines on which we could gotten to our port with only one connection from our city. In the future I intend to do my own air. Good luck and enjoy your cruise,

Chica

Archived