Basketball on mercury

DLTcard

I know that they have a basketball court on Mercury, but do they provide basketballs for you to use. I have heard the gym on the ship is pretty bad so I was not sure if they provided other equipment like basketballs.

On Galaxy they did provide the Bballs but I never did see anyone playing though. I took my high top bball shoes on one cruise and never put them on once as no one ever played. I was very disappointed. We had a Sky suite on the the sky deck and I would walk through the courts several times a day and never saw anyone on the courts.:(

The number of people who play will vary based on cruise. If you are on a cruise with a fair amount of sea days you'll see more people playing.

Keep in mind, the baskets on the Mercury, Century and Galaxy are limited. You can play a game but it is just a partial court whereas on the M Class Ships there is a full court.

And, yes, Celebrity provides basketballs as they do equipment for the other games such as table tennis, etc.

Keith

When we were on Mercury in April we had to go down to the 5th deck customer service desk and check out a basketball. My son had to leave his room key. The basketball courts are on the 11th deck so this was kind of a pain. But if people were playing he would ask to join them. I guess you could bring your own ball but thats a pain too.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercery 4/7/06

Archived