alcohol drinks on Enchantment of Seas

I am cruising on Enchantment of the Seas in August and know I'll have a nice sized bar bill but I plan on taking some of my own alcohol (mainly for in room/balcony enjoyment) in my check in bags. I had no problem doing this in Port Canaveral on SOS was wondering how things are in Ft. Lauderdale and on Enchantment of the Seas...

Also what are prices like for jager bombs and other jager drinks? Thanks

We just returned from a 5 night Enchantment Cruise May 8-13th. We put 2 18-packs of miller light in empty suit cases along with 4 bottles of wine. (that was to split between 2 cabins and 4 people) We put it in our checked luggage. I had brought some cardboard wine tubes and bubble wrap for the wine, and just stuffed some dirty laundry around the beer in Fort Lauderdale after our hotel stay the night before. No problem. All was delivered to our stateroom and we tipped our cabin steward a little extra at the begining to keep our small soft-sided cooler full of ice. We still bought plenty of booze on the ship, but it was nice to have in the room etc.. I think enchantment is a nice choice for first time cruisers. The couple that went with us were first timers. We loved everythink except Belize. It was very very hot and humid there and extremely ugly (brown water, filth and poor) We had planned a 4x4 land rover excursion, which was cancelled and had to pick a new excursion at the last minute (like within 10 minutes or do no excursion at all) We ended up picking the jungle buggy excursion because we wanted to see the jungle. Well, I guess our idea of "the jungle" was wrong because all we saw was a bunch of trees and dirt. Not a single animal. We were on a hot bus for 3 hours to drive thru the so called jungle for 1 hour. It was the worst thing any of us had ever done. For atleast 45 minutes of the bus ride was on a exremely bumpy road. They called it a "back massage". The tour guides were very nice and informative, but we just were bored to death by the tour.

Sorry, I forgot to list prices of drinks. Beers were $3.00, drink of the day was $4.25 and other frozen drinks (pina cola, daquiri) $4.75 They add a 15% gratuity to this. They also sold buckets of beer. Wine was minimum of $24 per bottle even for cheap white zinfandel.

We just returned from a 5 night Enchantment Cruise May 8-13th. We put 2 18-packs of miller light in empty suit cases along with 4 bottles of wine. (that was to split between 2 cabins and 4 people) We put it in our checked luggage. I had brought some cardboard wine tubes and bubble wrap for the wine, and just stuffed some dirty laundry around the beer in Fort Lauderdale after our hotel stay the night before. No problem. All was delivered to our stateroom and we tipped our cabin steward a little extra at the begining to keep our small soft-sided cooler full of ice. We still bought plenty of booze on the ship, but it was nice to have in the room etc.. I think enchantment is a nice choice for first time cruisers. The couple that went with us were first timers. We loved everythink except Belize. It was very very hot and humid there and extremely ugly (brown water, filth and poor) We had planned a 4x4 land rover excursion, which was cancelled and had to pick a new excursion at the last minute (like within 10 minutes or do no excursion at all) We ended up picking the jungle buggy excursion because we wanted to see the jungle. Well, I guess our idea of "the jungle" was wrong because all we saw was a bunch of trees and dirt. Not a single animal. We were on a hot bus for 3 hours to drive thru the so called jungle for 1 hour. It was the worst thing any of us had ever done. For atleast 45 minutes of the bus ride was on a exremely bumpy road. They called it a "back massage". The tour guides were very nice and informative, but we just were bored to death by the tour.

Thankyou so much for the info! We're not going to Belize but we'll remember that for the future! Sounds like I am packing an extra suitcase!

Archived