Freedom - Med Cruise - Camp Carnival ??

Hello -

My sister, her husband, daughter, son-in-law - and 2 small grandchildren are booked on the new Carnival Freedom for the West Med cruise in June 07.

I don't have any experince with Family Cruising - hope someone can help with questions about Camp Carnival.

We've gotten some conflicting answers regarding requirement for at least one parent (or family member, at least) to stay on-board while children are in Camp Carnival. Carnival PVP says one has to stay - (while others are on shore excursions) :confused:

Posters on this board seem to indicate that is incorrect - that you may leave children on board - while all adults go ashore on excursions.

Does anyone know for sure what Carnival policy is ?

THANKS !!

I know for a fact that you are free to leave your children (2 years of age and older) in the care of Camp Carnival while you go off the ship on a shore excursion and unless this policy has changed recently your PVP is in error. You do need to be mindful that the Camp closes at specific time even on port days which is often around 4:45 to allow the staff to eat dinner and so be certain you are back on the ship in plenty of time to get the kids without making the staff run late.

Since this is new to you, I would strongly recommend that you attend the Camp orientation the first night. It outlines all the policies, and you can get capers for your child's age group which outlines all the kid's events for the cruise and the daily hours for Camp, and deadlines for sign up times for kid's dinners with the counselors, parties and late night babysitting. Enjoy!

You may leave the children (2 and older) in Camp while all adults go ashore. The camp is open on port days from when the ship docks until sailaway, with no breaks or closures. They will see to it that the kids get lunch if you're not on board.

I would just mention a worry of mine: either take a ship-sponsored excursion, or plan to be back on the ship well before sailaway. You never know what unforeseeable mishap (flat tire, accident causing impossible traffic) might affect your return. Bad enough to be standing on the dock as your ship sails into the sunset, how much worse if your kids are "alone" aboard! :eek:

We're taking our kids on the Freedom in April. I'll be sure to post a review!

Archived