Any good malls in the Vancouver area?

There is great shopping IMHO only on Granville Island which is right near the heart of downtown.. not a mall but lots of neat shops and market reminiscent of Pikes in Seattle. Lots of shopping in Gastown also. There are many upscale shops along Robson Street. We stay downtown or go to nothern Vancouver and I there isn't what I consider a huge mall like we have here in the downtown area.

The biggest mall downtown is Pacific center - Sears, Bay, Gap, American Eagle, London drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart - well over a hundred shops and a couple of food fairs and it is only a couple of blocks from Canada Place

If you have a little time take a ride on Sky train to Metro town about 15 minutes from Waterfront Station to Metrotown - this is the granddaddy of Vancouver area malls - entertainment center - metropolis for the kids - Zellers, Bay, Sears, Disney store, etc

Theses are you typical American style malls - Granville Island is more like a public market - great place to visit if you like one of a kind items but many of the stalls are food related

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy cruise

Dennis

up and down Robson Street! Good stores and great people watching. For something different-catch a Park Royal bus(blue bus) outside the Hyatt and get off at Park Royal Shopping Center-right on the water.

• 4 weeks later...

from one shopper to another: i recommend Robson street - if you are into high fashion, there's everything from armani exchange to zara to gap - something for everyone! there's also local, eclectic stores, so it's not just name brands.

also, check out Pacific Centre Mall. there are three department stores: sears, the Bay, and Holt Renfrew (which, if you are american, is like bloomingdales or saks).

if you have time, check out Yaletown, which is at the southeast end of downtown Vancouver. neat little stores, like SoHo - but Canadian.

my last two suggestions require a cab since you will have to leave downtown, but the South Granville area is neat - eclectic little stores and window shopping. or 4th ave (kitsilano) - also eclectic little stores and window shopping.

have fun!

Archived