My reservation is G-O-N-E

mbisson

We bought into the Latitudes appreciation program (or whatever it's called) on our Jewel Cruise this past Dec. When we went to book our Alaska cruise (done in January) for this summer we had problems applying the $550 prepayment as our down payment on the cruise (actually it's $500 but they give you $550 for buying into the program). It took a while but our booking finally was accepted and (supposedly) the $550 was accepted as the down and all was good. I even started the preregistration process on line a couple weeks ago.

My TA knows that I like for him to check a couple weeks before final payment is due, just to verify that the amount due at final is correct. Well, he checked today and our reservation has been canceled. GRRRRRR. The people he needs to talk to in order to straighten it all out were gone before he discovered the problem. We have our fingers crossed that everything can be corrected tomorrow.

I'm sure it'll all work out (if they can find me a cabin). Who knows, maybe they'll have mercy on me and give me a suite for the price of my (previous and now gone) inside. Yes, I know, fat chance...LOL

I'm starting to think I must've somehow offended the NCL cruise gods. Honest NCL, I like you and have persuaded others to buy your product. Please don't make me suffer ;) I'll be good. Honest.

-Monte

Seems NCL is having a lot of reservations disappearing or mysteriously being changed. We were bumped from our connecting balcony cabins sometime between October (first payment) and April. I didn't catch it until after we had made our final payment. (yes, my mistake) Now NCL is denying it and won't do anything about it, so don't plan on much help from them.

We bought into the Latitudes appreciation program (or whatever it's called) on our Jewel Cruise this past Dec. When we went to book our Alaska cruise (done in January) for this summer we had problems applying the $550 prepayment as our down payment on the cruise (actually it's $500 but they give you $550 for buying into the program). It took a while but our booking finally was accepted and (supposedly) the $550 was accepted as the down and all was good. I even started the preregistration process on line a couple weeks ago.

My TA knows that I like for him to check a couple weeks before final payment is due, just to verify that the amount due at final is correct. Well, he checked today and our reservation has been canceled. GRRRRRR. The people he needs to talk to in order to straighten it all out were gone before he discovered the problem. We have our fingers crossed that everything can be corrected tomorrow.

I'm sure it'll all work out (if they can find me a cabin). Who knows, maybe they'll have mercy on me and give me a suite for the price of my (previous and now gone) inside. Yes, I know, fat chance...LOL

I'm starting to think I must've somehow offended the NCL cruise gods. Honest NCL, I like you and have persuaded others to buy your product. Please don't make me suffer ;) I'll be good. Honest.

-Monte

Monte...

Did you try going into the on-line registration again to see if it came up.

That happened to us on one of our past cruises (it disappeared) but the booking was there when we called NCl.

Good Luck;)

Thanks for the reminder. As a practice, I often take a SCREEN PRINT and save it of online reservations. Then, if something comes up, I just show them their system HAD the reservation, which then gets much more attention.

In all fairness to the cruiseline, I am sure they get people that SAY they had a reservation, but did not. They are then caught in the middle trying to figure out what to do.

Again, thanks for the reminder, and let us know how your situation works out.

...and you are not demanding a suite for the price of an inside. How utterly civil of you. :D :D :D :D

PE<---thinks Monte sometimes acts way to "gruntled"...:cool:

...and you are not demanding a suite for the price of an inside. How utterly civil of you. :D :D :D :D

PE<---thinks Monte sometimes acts way to "gruntled"...:cool:

Thank you! Naw, I just want what was paid for. And in all honesty, even if they can't get me on that sailing, since we can drive to the port and if we can clear the dates, I don't even care if they ask us to take a different sailing (for that price of course). If they want to upgrade us for inconvenience, fine, but I'm certainly not asking for that.

BTW-Yep, the reservation number is just completely gone.

-Monte

Thank you! Naw, I just want what was paid for. And in all honesty, even if they can't get me on that sailing, since we can drive to the port and if we can clear the dates, I don't even care if they ask us to take a different sailing (for that price of course). If they want to upgrade us for inconvenience, fine, but I'm certainly not asking for that.

BTW-Yep, the reservation number is just completely gone.

-Monte

Oh yuck - who needs the stress. When the Sun had to switch from NOLA to Miami last year, our reservation disappeared - it was all resolved in the end and we got an extra on-board credit but it was still awfully stressful until we re-appeared. I think someone(NCL) should take a long hard look at their computer systems. If they pay me big bucks and free cruises, I will volunteer.

You might try this number to have them investigate. I spoke to Susan directly once regarding our signup on the ship and she was very helpful.

Susan 1-866-234-0292 x7003

She told me she is directly responsible for handling the bookings as a result of people signing up while on a ship, and that I should call her directly when we're ready to book using our prepaid amount.

Good Luck, I'm sure it will all work out and you'll have a wonderful time!:)

Oh yuck - who needs the stress. (snip)

If they pay me big bucks and free cruises, I will volunteer.

I'm not really worried, it'll all end find. Heck if need be, I can hook up the trailer and go camping for a week on the coast and then cruise next year.

-Monte

Did you check your credit card statement? Were your charged for the $550.00? You should have gotten a reservation number from the cruise ship. If so you have a good case here. But if there was no charge there isn't much you can do. We had a similar problem. We booked on board the Star in Feb of this year for the same cruise for next year. Paid a down payment of $800.00. Everything was good and was on our credit card. I changed our trip to the Pearl just over 2 weeks ago, with no problems with my TA. But when I got my credit card statement, (I also check on line through out the monthe for charges on the account) I found that I now had a credit for $800.00. This really concerned me. I immediately called my TA and by the end of the day I did have my reservation back. But it took her a few hours and phone calls to NCL's supervisors to get it fixed. NCL's fault. That is one reason to use a TA and keep upto date info on future cruises. You never know what might happen.

Did you check your credit card statement? Were your charged for the $550.00? You should have gotten a reservation number from the cruise ship. If so you have a good case here. But if there was no charge there isn't much you can do. We had a similar problem. We booked on board the Star in Feb of this year for the same cruise for next year. Paid a down payment of $800.00. Everything was good and was on our credit card. I changed our trip to the Pearl just over 2 weeks ago, with no problems with my TA. But when I got my credit card statement, (I also check on line through out the monthe for charges on the account) I found that I now had a credit for $800.00. This really concerned me. I immediately called my TA and by the end of the day I did have my reservation back. But it took her a few hours and phone calls to NCL's supervisors to get it fixed. NCL's fault. That is one reason to use a TA and keep upto date info on future cruises. You never know what might happen.

Actually, I was charged $500 when I bought into the program, it was added to my on board account. Yes, there is a reservation number (think about it, without a reservation number how could I do the on line registration?), but it's no longer in the system. And yes, we used a TA and he's working on it, the reservations wasn't done on line.

-Monte

Just heard back from my TA. Yes, NCL had sold our cabin to someone else after the booking disappeared and no other cabins were available in that category (we were going cheap-Cat M inside) the next available cabins on our sailing were JJ inside. So for what it's worth, same sailing, still inside, slightly better location-at the original price

See-I knew it would be fine.

;)

-Monte

Glad to hear things worked out for you. I'm not surprised that you experienced some problems though. I similarly took advantage of this new program when I was on the Jewel back in February. In fact, the program was so new that when I went to apply my $550 credit to an upcoming Hawaii cruise on the Pride of Hawaii after I returned home from my cruise, nobody at NCL knew anything about the program as of yet. (Apparently, it was a pilot program that was only being offered on a couple of NCL ships at that time). Eventually, I found someone who was knowledgeable on the matter and she noted that the program would take a little while to "iron out the kinks." Hopefully, by now things like this won't happen anymore.

Glad to hear things worked out for you. I'm not surprised that you experienced some problems though. I similarly took advantage of this new program when I was on the Jewel back in February. In fact, the program was so new that when I went to apply my $550 credit to an upcoming Hawaii cruise on the Pride of Hawaii after I returned home from my cruise, nobody at NCL knew anything about the program as of yet. .

I hear ya! We bought into it in Dec on the Jewel. Booked in Jan and it took about a week to get everything straightened out. They didn't want to accept the $550 as the down payment, which was something I asked them directly b4 we bought. Hope my booking is still in the system when we make final payment (and ESPECIALLY when we go over to Seattle to board!). Of course if it disappears again, maybe that'll just mean another upgrade ;)

-Monte

I really appreciate the concern expressed by many here. As you see it all worked out. I guess I would've been a LOT more worried about this had air tickets been involved. It's not to difficult to relax and kick back when you can drive to the port.

jmo

-Monte

Archived