Xpedition Question

Kay and Hal

We are anxiously awaiting the release of the Galapagos schedule for November/December 2007. Looking at the deckplan, it appears that stateroom 401 is slightly larger than the others on the Vista deck. Does anyone know if this is in fact the case? Is there much noise being right next to Guest Relations? Any noise from above?

I have read thru most of the long Galapagos threads, but do not recall seeing this addressed.

Thanks in advance.

Hal

I don't believe that any of the cabins on the 4th floor were different from the others. There is foot traffic by guest relations and since that is where you can use the laptop there is usually someone sitting in that lobby. 401 would be a easy cabin to get in and out of but since the ship is so small there is no problem wherever you are located.

We were mid-hall and never heard anything in the hallway.

Have a great time.

Guest relations is a tiny little place not much bigger than a cabin. There couldn't be a lot of people in there even if they wanted to be. And this cruise is so wonderful I doubt you'd ever hear any loud voices about complaints, either. You might hear people using the laptops, but I doubt it.

A bigger concern might be that that cabin is closest to the lounge. I don't know if noise from it might be a concern or not. We never stayed up very late :o but I did hear about some fairly "lively" parties there at night.

My wife and I were in Cabin 401 on the 11/13/05 cruise. It is VERY convenient and NO NOISE. The only exception to that is on the last night when they have the dancers from the islands. Then, someone closed the door to the hallway to the Deck 4 cabins and you couldn't hear any noise except when someone opened the door. The party was over by 1030 or 1100 pm, so it wasn't a problem. We thoroughly enjoyed this cabin as it is a step to Cruise Relations and three steps to the Discovery Lounge. On the other hand... no cabins are very far from anything.

Note: No noise from above ever!

As far as size.... yes I agree that the diagrams make 401 look slightly bigger than the other Deck 4 cabins. But, in fact, it is slightly smaller. When I say slightly smaller, I mean about 6 - 8 sq. ft. The only way you notice it is to look in other cabins (which I did). Here's where you "lose" the square footage. The area next to the beds is about 8 inches shallower than the other cabins. The beds "slide" into the area that's not 8 inches shallower. I hope this makes sense. The other way you can tell is that 1) the beds can't be separated into 2 twins since they're "tucked" into the area, and 2) the "nightstand" is only about 6 inches wide (as opposed to 12 - 18 inches for the other cabins. It's on the outside of the outside bed and the lamp is "nailed" down to the nightstand. I hope I haven't confused you any, but I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Also... I asked one of the maids and she said that 301, 302, 401, 402, 501, and 502 (all the first cabins on each deck) are ever so slightly smaller than the others... again, not enough to worry about. I didn't get a chance to check out the cabins on deck 3 or 5.

Dave :) :) :)

I appreciate all of the responses. Like you all reiterated, inasmuch as the ship is so small, I guess it really does not matter much where you are.

Dave, you did not confuse me at all. Well, maybe a little bit, but I do understand what you were saying:D

Now I just have to wait (not so patiently) for the schedule and pricing.

Thanks again to all.

Hal

To help with any unexpected noise in your stateroom, always bring some wax earplugs. They greatly reduce any noise. Always bring them and hope you don't have to use them.

Archived